U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 11:11 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,294,382 times
Default Outdoor pools in Loudoun County

We didn't get a pool pass for our HOA pool this summer but would like to find a place close to Ashburn where one could go and swim at an outdoor pool. I found Franklin Park in Purcellville but is there anything closer by? Help is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 02:01 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,807,447 times
Yes, there is one in Sterling, in the Cascades area. It is in Algonkian Park, right next to the Potomac River (where you can also launch boats). Take 7 east, Cascades Parkway North and it is a straight shot to the park. Great pool with slides and there's a miniature golf course there, also.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:33 PM

3,029 posts, read 7,593,005 times
IF you've already closed on the house and you paid the HOA fees for the remainder of the year in your closing docs...then you SHOULD get the passes. you just need to contact the HOA company. People buy mid year all the time.

IF the seller paid the entire years worth of HOA fees as part of the settlement cost you still should be able to get your passes.

I'd contact the HOA personally and tell them you just moved in and need your passes.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:42 PM

1,168 posts, read 3,621,459 times
Confused as to why you'd pay for a pool membership when you have one through your HOA. What's a free call to the HOA?

Old 07-01-2008, 07:13 AM

The pool membership at Ashburn Farm HOA is NOT included with the HOA dues. So while our landlord pays the HOA fees, it does not cover our pool membership.

Margery, thanks. Exactly what I was looking for!

edit.

"Membership to the Ashburn Farm pools is only available to Ashburn Farm residents. No outside memberships are available. Membership fees are optional and are not included in HOA assessments." This is from the HOA web site. The membership costs $185. So, no thanks. With the few times we'll be hitting the pool this summer I rather pay per visit.

Last edited by EuroExpat; 07-01-2008 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: adding

Old 07-01-2008, 08:29 AM

oh that's strange.

What about the sports pavillion? I am not sure about the pool but I know anyone can pay to use the tennis facility etc... So, if you are an
Ashburn resident you may be able to apy for use at the pool there.

IDA Lee is supposed to be putting in an outdoor pool but not sure when it is scheduled to open or if they have even stated construction yet.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
What about the sports pavillion?
I looked at their site and got the impression that you need to be a resident at Ashburn Village (pay their HOA fees) in order to use the pool.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:35 AM

2,240 posts, read 6,874,152 times
I too live in Ashburn Farm and we did get our pool passes this year BUT we haven't been using them much which is a waste of $180! Mine just don't like to go much yet (19 months) I know you can pay a membership fee to Ashurn Sports Pavillion but it is like $70 a month and I don't know if it includes the pool or not.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
waste of $180!
My thoughts exactly!

My 2-year old likes going to the pool (when we visit friends) - for now. I'd be so disappointed in spending that money when he might decide that he didn't like the pool after all. Kids!

Old 07-01-2008, 12:51 PM

WOW, glad we didn't buy the house in Ashburn when we were looking!
OUrs in Leesburg was included with our HOA and our HOA fees were $40/month...

Nope i wouldn't spend $180 for a 2 year old. It's different when you have older kids going to hang out with friends etc...
Get a play pool from Walmart! (we did that in PA, the big ones that are 2ft deep and 15ft across..worked perfect for us!)

The Algonkian water park in Sterling is supposed to be real nice, we never went though.

I'd check out the Pavillion, because with the membership(I beleive) you get the pool, fitness center etc... They may have seasonal memberships as well. Go in and talk to them. I know when checking it out for my daughter tennis, I was amazed at all the different programs offered. (like her tennis, she could have a student tennis only membership $100 for the year and we weren't ashburn residents...Residents were very cheap)
Also the website didn't have all the membership options etc....

IDA Lee had seasonal only memberships (for winter since it is an indoor pool)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia