Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 10:41 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times

Advertisements

in New Mexico. We escaped Arlington last Friday morning in the snow, driving was horrible until Roanoke. We spent the weekend in TN with hubby's family then headed home on Monday. We had snow up until the other side of Little Rock on Tuesday. Then last night it spit snow in Odessa. Today when we got home we had blue skies and a little bit of snow still left on the mountains.

Sorry you all have been hit with so much snow, I am so grateful we were able to get out when we did. We would probably still be there.

I am off to sleep now, it has been a very long 6 days. I will check in and catch up on snow posts later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 02:29 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,948,567 times
Glad that you are home safe and sound. We'll miss you!

Old 02-12-2010, 04:03 AM

9,775 posts, read 15,776,851 times
Glad you made it home safely! And I'm sure you are happy to have missed the second wallop of snow - I wish I did. Enjoy home!

Old 02-12-2010, 04:40 AM

722 posts, read 1,980,757 times
You really got out just in time!

Old 02-12-2010, 04:54 AM

696 posts, read 1,693,919 times
Glad to hear that you got home safely!

Old 02-12-2010, 06:07 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Thanks for letting us know--I've been wondering how you were. Even though we didn;t end up being your home, I still feel it's right to say Welcome home!

Old 02-12-2010, 06:34 AM

1,148 posts, read 3,737,752 times
Enjoy home!!

Old 02-12-2010, 09:56 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,680,916 times
What a relief it must have been to arrive back home. Good luck with getting settled back in. Thanks for letting us know!

Old 02-12-2010, 11:01 AM

96 posts, read 261,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
in New Mexico. We escaped Arlington last Friday morning in the snow, driving was horrible until Roanoke. We spent the weekend in TN with hubby's family then headed home on Monday. We had snow up until the other side of Little Rock on Tuesday. Then last night it spit snow in Odessa. Today when we got home we had blue skies and a little bit of snow still left on the mountains.

Sorry you all have been hit with so much snow, I am so grateful we were able to get out when we did. We would probably still be there.

I am off to sleep now, it has been a very long 6 days. I will check in and catch up on snow posts later.
I bet you are glad to be back in this climate. We did a D.C. change-of-station 10 years ago and lived in Va. While we loved seeing the East coast and being there for a couple of years, we were ecstatic about getting back to low humidity and no bugs. We could finally enjoy evenings outside at night and have our meals on the portal. Now, we are about to go back on another change-of-station for another 2 to 4 years. I will love being back in the D.C. area, but I will certainly miss the climate. I will add; however, that my property is still covered in snow here in Santa Fe. My courtyard is at last 2' deep but it's very shaded. We usually don't lose that snow until Spring. Interestingly, my husband has been in D.C. all this week. He left on Monday and was unable to work because the government was closed all week.
Welcome back to New Mexico. You are just in time for the best skiing of the year!

Old 02-12-2010, 04:49 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFean View Post
I bet you are glad to be back in this climate. We did a D.C. change-of-station 10 years ago and lived in Va. While we loved seeing the East coast and being there for a couple of years, we were ecstatic about getting back to low humidity and no bugs. We could finally enjoy evenings outside at night and have our meals on the portal. Now, we are about to go back on another change-of-station for another 2 to 4 years. I will love being back in the D.C. area, but I will certainly miss the climate. I will add; however, that my property is still covered in snow here in Santa Fe. My courtyard is at last 2' deep but it's very shaded. We usually don't lose that snow until Spring. Interestingly, my husband has been in D.C. all this week. He left on Monday and was unable to work because the government was closed all week.
Welcome back to New Mexico. You are just in time for the best skiing of the year!

Thanks we are glad to be back home. Hubby thinks we will be making a PCOS move in the summer back to DC, this go around was only a 6 month assignment. I am loving the mild weather today, but a friend just told me Cloudcroft, which is 16 miles up the mountain from us has gotten 120 inches of snow this year. That is alot of snow but the moisture is much needed in this area and since I don't have to deal with unless I want to go up and go sking it is okay with me.

If we hadn't gotten out last Friday my husband wouldn't have worked this week either. Crazy all that snow, everyone kept telling me "don't judge the area by this years winter it's not normal." LOL

When do you guys leave? If there is move money in the budget and my husband doesn't get an assignment in AZ we will probably leave in June. We haven't decided where we will live if we go back, we were in Arlington at the Courthouse metro and while it was convienient for hubby's commute, it was not my cup of tea. He will be doing some commuting if we come back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia