U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 08:50 PM

4 posts, read 8,544 times

Advertisements

i will be relocating from maryland to woodbridge va,i am motivated by the huge drop in home prices , but i am worried about the traffic in the mornings cause i might have to commute to work cause of the nature of my job as a travel nurse,can someone help me out.
also since i do not know the woodbridge area very well can someone tell me about the nightlife in the area? are there any nightclubs around,or any entertainments like poetry cafe's. please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 05:44 AM

734 posts, read 1,733,722 times
Where do you commute to, and at what time do you need to be there? When will you come home in the afternoon? Do you have to drive, or can you use public transit?

Old 07-30-2008, 08:25 AM

352 posts, read 1,442,336 times
Yeah, where do you have to go as a travel nurse, and when? Makes a huge difference. Travelling from Woodbridge to DC as a single passenger auto can be murder unless it's done outside of rush hour. Any combination of OmniRide / carpooling / slugging / VRE would save your sanity, generally.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:43 AM

257 posts, read 1,010,864 times
stay away from anything around the route 1, 95 corridor area. unless of course you can get a beautiful house back off of featherstone road. In all honesty, i have lived in woodbridge area for about 11 years, and it doesnt stick out to be a nightclub kinda place, there is oasis near by, but in general its a pretty old run down section. if you go a little west to lake ride, dale city, and 20112 of manass, you will be much happier. there is a few places as far as poetry cafe's that pop into mind, used to be one in mapledale plaza that was nice, but none off the top of my head. and yeah we definitely need information about where you generally go, and what times you generally drive. Makes a world of difference.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:42 AM

4 posts, read 8,544 times
[quote=basco george;4655745]i will be relocating from maryland to woodbridge va,i am motivated by the huge drop in home prices , but i am worried about the traffic in the mornings cause i might have to commute to fairfax and maryland sometimes. also what area or zipcode is recommended closer to stores or 95 highway

Old 08-02-2008, 11:33 AM

555 posts, read 2,437,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basco george View Post
i will be relocating from maryland to woodbridge va,i am motivated by the huge drop in home prices , but i am worried about the traffic in the mornings cause i might have to commute to work cause of the nature of my job as a travel nurse,can someone help me out.
also since i do not know the woodbridge area very well can someone tell me about the nightlife in the area? are there any nightclubs around,or any entertainments like poetry cafe's. please help
The Woodbridge area is a little nicer now that a lot of the illegals have left (you don't have as many hit/runs and drunks falling up and down Rt.1). However, it's still Rt.1. The only "nightlife" is Kilroy's and a couple hispanic joints. If you're looking for good nightlife I would stick to Georgetown or old town Alexandria. Prince William doesn't really have "bars". It's more of the "Glory Days" type places.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:14 PM

2 posts, read 4,365 times
Default Information on Woodbridge

Good Afternoon,

I've lived in the Woodbridge area for decades and I work as a full time Real Estate agent in Lake Ridge, Woodbridge, Dale City, Montclair, and Occoquan.

Many of the questions you have can be answered by reading my BLOG. post for both buyers and sellers. Lake Ridge VA-Real Estate

Commuting to DC is not so bad. There are so many options now. A very dependable way is SLUGGING and it's FREE! (Cut that gas bill in half even though you move further from town. You gotta love that!)

Nightlife....

It's a typical bedroom community. Not a ton of nightlife.

I hope that helps.

Let me know if you need any help.
Peggy James

Old 08-12-2008, 12:51 PM

4 posts, read 10,783 times
I live in Woodbridge and shall list places to go

For football game watching - Kilroy's

For nightlife...ha.... - Oasis on the Occoquan - get there early and avoid the cover charge

During the summer, hit up Oasis during the day and sit out on the deck. great view.

not much else to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia