Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2008, 06:57 PM

7 posts, read 43,542 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

We are going to an event Saturday night. We just moved to Haymarket and I am wondering if anyone has any local tips on parking/timing/walking from somewhere else. Also, can you bring wine? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 07:35 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,610,522 times
I've been to one concert at Nissan Pavillion (DMB) and it kinda scared me off from the venue. The parking was nuts, and people party in the parking lot so you have to deal with people walking in front of your car while you are trying to drive. So don't wait to the last minute to get there. Nope, can't bring wine, but I am sure you can buy it at the concert. Also there's no where to park and walk. Businesses in the area make it pretty clear they will tow your car if you park there for a concert. I'd love to see some sort of bus service from VA Gateway to the concerts at Nissan Pavillion.

More info Nissan Pavilion Official Site. Find Concert Tickets, Schedule, Seating Charts, Information for Nissan Pavilion, A Live Nation Venue

In regards to the upcoming concert, I saw Maroon 5 at the Verizon... had great seats, first row on club level

Old 08-11-2008, 08:56 PM

2,021 posts, read 4,611,129 times
There is no real secret to get to an event at Nisson Pavilion. I've been to quite a few concerts there and you will find just a handful of roads in and a handful out, all are equally jammed.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:14 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,309,730 times
The last time I was at a concert there there was one road in/out from Route 234. Last year, we were coming home off of I66 and were headed down 234. The traffic was all backed up to turn right onto the newest road (I think Balls Ford Rd) back to Nissan, but the "old" road (Wellington Rd) that goes back had very few cars turning onto it. Our thought was that everyone was just following one another down the first road they came to and didn't realize that they could go to the next road. Don't know if that is true or not, but that is how it looked. Anybody know?

Old 08-11-2008, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
The last time I was at a concert there there was one road in/out from Route 234. Last year, we were coming home off of I66 and were headed down 234. The traffic was all backed up to turn right onto the newest road (I think Balls Ford Rd) back to Nissan, but the "old" road (Wellington Rd) that goes back had very few cars turning onto it. Our thought was that everyone was just following one another down the first road they came to and didn't realize that they could go to the next road. Don't know if that is true or not, but that is how it looked. Anybody know?
Nissan Pavillion is off Wellington. You'd turn right on Balls Ford then right on Wellington if you get off at 66 @ 234.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEATHER72 View Post
Nissan Pavillion is off Wellington. You'd turn right on Balls Ford then right on Wellington if you get off at 66 @ 234.
Correct, but from 66 can you continue past Balls Ford Rd. to avoid the backup on 234 and then just turn right on Wellington?

Old 08-12-2008, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
Correct, but from 66 can you continue past Balls Ford Rd. to avoid the backup on 234 and then just turn right on Wellington?
The only way to turn right on wellington would be to continue down past Balls Ford on 234 to Sudley Manor and take a right. Then it's right on Wellington. However I suspect no matter what direction you go, there's going to be traffic. Wellington is not wide enough in front of Nissan to handle all the traffic.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEATHER72 View Post
The only way to turn right on wellington would be to continue down past Balls Ford on 234 to Sudley Manor and take a right. Then it's right on Wellington. However I suspect no matter what direction you go, there's going to be traffic. Wellington is not wide enough in front of Nissan to handle all the traffic.
Ah, Sudley Manor is the "new" road I was thinking of. Isn't the next intersection Wellington Rd where it intersects with 234?

Old 08-12-2008, 09:25 PM

Location: Virginia, just outside of DC, our crooks are just dressed better than yours.
84 posts, read 307,564 times
OK, When you go to a concert at Nissan, bring chairs, picnic basket with lots of food, some for before and some after the concert, ice chest (no one needs to know what's in it) coozies (?) maybe a game or two. Park then unload and watch the show (the show in the parking lot) Lots to see!! Put it all back in the car ( or truck) and go inside ( enjoy the show you've paid for). After the concert, go back to the car and do it all again. Eat, drink and watch the show. The parking lot is really hopping this time. Lots of wobbley people out there. You have no need to get in line and wait like the others because you're busy watching all the wobbley people. After you basket is empty and you tummy is full, and you've laughed your fanny off, the road home is not so bad at all. You've had quite a nite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia