Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2008, 12:28 PM

8 posts, read 16,763 times

Advertisements

There has been a ton of useful information and I thank those for their insight. After reading several threads and responses I have summarized below what my family needs and wants. Anyone willing to provide input would be greatly appreciated.

First here our the family details:

I will be working in NW DC and flying out of National twice a week. Prefer a commute less than 45 minutes to either
Wife is stay at home mom with two infants - close proximity to parks would be nice. School district is not a priority for 5 years (most likely private afterwards).

We would like to find a SFH on a decent lot under $800K. Last but not least would like to be close to a family oriented golf club if possible.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 12:53 PM

206 posts, read 633,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy74 View Post
There has been a ton of useful information and I thank those for their insight. After reading several threads and responses I have summarized below what my family needs and wants. Anyone willing to provide input would be greatly appreciated.

First here our the family details:

I will be working in NW DC and flying out of National twice a week. Prefer a commute less than 45 minutes to either
Wife is stay at home mom with two infants - close proximity to parks would be nice. School district is not a priority for 5 years (most likely private afterwards).

We would like to find a SFH on a decent lot under $800K. Last but not least would like to be close to a family oriented golf club if possible.

Thanks in advance
Probably McLean/West Falls Church/North Arlington.

In this location, you can get to Upper NW by crossing Chain Bridge and come up NW that way, or get on the beltway and the American Legion Bridge to Cabin John Parkway south.

To get to National, Kirby Road will take you to GW Parkway which takes you directly to National in about 20 min with clear traffic. If you need to fly out of dulles, the Dulles Toll Road is easily accessible.

In this location, paying for private school is not necessarily unless you want small student/teacher ratios. Also, there are tons of parks, swim/tennis clubs, and camps.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:55 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,906 times
Try Alexandria, VA or Arlington, VA.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:37 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
I agree - Alexandria (I'm prejudiced - or Arlington areas - both are accessible. Alexandria for instance - take Metro to National and you'll be there in no time and no parking hassles. Would the job be on a Metro route or walkable from a stop? I highly recommend that over driving and adding to congestion (and frustration of it taking forever to get somewhere).

Old 09-14-2008, 03:10 PM

8 posts, read 16,763 times
Thanks, the job is on the metro route. Any more specific areas ie. Vienna, falls church etc.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:18 AM

2,737 posts, read 5,456,694 times
Arlington Ridge/Aurora Hills are great neighborhoods, and would be ideal for you, especially if you are eligible to join the Army Navy Country (golf) club, except it is challenging to find a big lot there. The commute is easy (up route 1/110, or take Pentagon City or Crystal City metro. National Airport is 5 mins. away.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:03 PM

2 posts, read 6,247 times
North arlington and especially the Clarendon area are perfect for stay-at-home moms. She'd have lots of company and you would be close to airport etc.

I am a native Arlingtonian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia