U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 01:02 PM

1,525 posts, read 3,370,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis15 View Post
No offense but I think alot of you guys are middle aged secluded white females who haven't quite embraced diversity around our area yet. Chances of you being robbed is like getting struck by lightning.
Why exactly is anyone required to "embrace diversity" exactly. Isn't freedom of choice and American ideal? Doesn't the include the freedom to *not* associate.

If someone were ranting about Islamics in here, would there be a defense made? I doubt it, because at the moment those are the fashionable "bad guys". Same story if the rant was about white males as well, I suspect. Because it's fashionable to paint them as Nazis.

Why is everyone so quick to defend gangsta? Is the "liberal media" brainwashing so good that people literally cannot see?

Geez, I hear Tom Leykis crack on women 5 days a week. About how they are "whores, sluts, *******". No one says a word. CBS pays him 7 figures. But say, "Nappy headed ho" and you have to go kiss up to Al Sharpton.

Now really, how is women hating any different than racism. Sex is a genetic trait as race is a cluster of traits with genetic origins.

So both Leykis and racists do the same thing. Judge based on genetic traits. Yet Leykis gets a pass? And Leykis himself will make excuses for the black community. Crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 01:05 PM

194 posts, read 525,047 times
^ No offense but you must not be that acquainted with Northern Virginia if you define Tysons as diversed. If anything, Fairoaks has more diversity then Tysons. You do realize that crime does happen don't you?? I don't know if you are open minded enough to the possibility that there are social classes in the world, but basically the people on the bottom are bound to take from those that have more. It's a way of life. Saying that because you are a Springfield resident, you have to carry around pepper spray or a .45 is absurd. I'm pretty sure your one of the few in that group that feels justified to clench her/his purse/wallet when you enter DC, right?

Last edited by Nemesis15; 09-26-2008 at 01:15 PM..

Old 09-26-2008, 04:42 PM

7,966 posts, read 18,044,996 times
Many of the last several posts would be more appropriate for either the Politics and Other Controversies forum or the Great Debates forum.

Let's get back to talking about Springfield Mall, please...

Old 09-26-2008, 09:17 PM

3,504 posts, read 7,920,903 times
Nemesis - Sorry - wrong - I grew up near Newar, NJ which makes NOVA look like a country club - and I may be white but not all members of my immediate family are - how is that for diverse?
Seclusion and Diversity have nothing to do with it - those two males were animals - probably raised by animals - just a fact of life
I am careful wherever I go - so sad - a poor 61 yr old woman minding her own business - I wonder how the parents of these two pieces of garbage feel about the monsters they raised?

Old 09-27-2008, 10:13 AM

^ Living near, and living in are two different things, Fairfax mom. I never argued the fact that you were a blatant bigot of some sort. Just the mere fact that you actually find parts of Northern Virginia scary. Just to inform you from a first person's perspective, I use to run with a bad crowd, not gangs but we did our share of petty thefts and whatnot, and let me just tell you, if you looked scared, that's the person we went after. I want to say to my own defense though that I didn't partake in any of the actual "purse snatching", but I was merely a person who got things flowing underground.

There you go, some real knowledge on the eye's of a juvenile 7-8 years ago.

I just want to conclude that Springfield Mall is far from the hood, and although you maybe want to be "cautious", getting a pistol license is far from needed.

May that women rest in peace.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:55 PM

3,504 posts, read 7,920,903 times
Nemesis,
I used to run with a bad crowd too before I became a "pampered surburban white woman" and I know exactly what "they" go for - small, helpless, scared, old, very young, friendly - and you must admit crime can happen anywhere - heck - there is a big gang problem in Princeton NJ right next to Muffy and Buffys supper clubs. No one is safe anywhere - civilization is going quickly downhill.

When I go out of the store - I have my keys ready to gouge out eyes, my pepper spray also, my razor blade ready to slit an artery - just a fact of life these days

I was deeply affected hearing about this woman dying. Thats all.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:52 PM

^ I'm sorry to doubt you but I find that hard to believe with your previous posts. People that are from bad areas never forget where they came from.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:04 PM

30 posts, read 73,343 times
.... back to Springfield Mall anyone?

Old 10-26-2008, 03:28 PM

11,370 posts, read 20,163,370 times
I/we actually went there a couple weeks ago, but we only parked outside the Macy's and went in and out of that store. There have been so many stories and rumors about what's going to happen to both that mall and Landmark, not sure what (if anything) to believe.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,921 times
I realize this is an old post, but was wondering if anyone can provide some info. We will be camping in the area and was told a fellow camper that the park staff tells people to park at the mall and walk to the metro to save $. We plan on going into DC each day to tour-4 adults and a 7 year old. I heard that the metro lot fills up and parking is not available after 8am. I was glad to hear this option (park at mall and walk to metro) but googled and found this forum and it has me a bit concerned. Anyone care to comment? THanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia