Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:11 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,610,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by martatv View Post
Thanks to those with pertinent, non-judgemental information, I will look into the suggestions.
We are teachers, so taking time off is not so easy.
By the way, no one will be raising my children other than my husband and me...we have them in day care so that we can go to work to provide for them. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but really, did I ask?
*yawns* You may not have asked but as you just said.... everyone is titled to an opinion. You post your private life info on a message board on the internet, you should expect all kinds of responses whether you want to hear them or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 08:16 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,737,520 times
^^ Yikes I didn't mean anything bad with my comment. Maybe I wrote my thoughts in a wrong way? I apologize. I've seen too many things go wrong when supervision has been an issue. As a mother I was merely urging you to act right away, in a compassionate way. Trust me, I was not being judgmental. I know how hard it is to find a good child care provider for your child. Anyway.. When you post something and underline "major issues" (in bold letters), you give the impression that something is REALLY wrong.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:29 PM

194 posts, read 589,999 times
*** Go to the one in Tacket's Mill, its located on Harbor past the Taco Bell, and Wachovia.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:35 PM

7 posts, read 22,915 times
How about La Petite in Alexandria? Anyone have experience there?

Old 09-26-2008, 05:00 AM

298 posts, read 1,009,963 times
Just my two penneth/cents seeing a similar issue happen to a friend of mine in the UK.

She had major concerns and took a week to take the child out of the place due to difficulty getting a replacement, she then raised a formal complaint with the licensing board who queried that if she was so concerned about the issue why did she take so long to take the child out.

I'm not saying what is right or wrong and have no issue with day care but just want to make you aware how it may be interpreted by officials/others.

Good luck x

Old 09-26-2008, 07:37 AM

1,848 posts, read 3,723,864 times
This is the link to all inspections conducted at facilities. You have to decide for yourself of course which type of violation you can live with. Paperwork ones are a no brainer for me, safety, instruction etc are different.

Licensed Child Care - Virginia Department of Social Services

My suggestion is if you can is to take the child with you for a look. They sense things that we don't, they can smell displeasure in other kids! And I highly recommend only going with a place that will let you drop in for a look with out an appt. If they say come back when the director is there, beware. If they say sure lets go look around, then you know that it isn't staged for inspections. Also don't drop by at the end of the day, during pickups. That can leave a bad taste at any facility. Total Chaos.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:28 AM

948 posts, read 3,355,167 times
Default Touche' Heather

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEATHER72 View Post
*yawns* You may not have asked but as you just said.... everyone is titled to an opinion. You post your private life info on a message board on the internet, you should expect all kinds of responses whether you want to hear them or not.

Yes, the all caps and warning did seem to dictate something was very wrong. Taking time off for your kids can't be done? No apologies for my comments. We all have some judgement or opinions about issues which we may have a great deal of knowledge about. Kids--expecially little babies--do better when mom is raising them. Not a big lightening bolt moment. Kids seem to do find without all of life's "things" that parents think they're "providing."

Old 09-27-2008, 12:21 PM

like food and shelter?
thanks for your wise words, you're brillant.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:41 PM

84 posts, read 485,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martatv View Post
like food and shelter?
thanks for your wise words, you're brillant.
Geez, what the hell is your problem martatv? You come on a public forum asking advice and opinions then lash out with sarcasm like a little child throwing a temper tantrum at the advice you're given. I'm beginning to think it's you who needs the child care, not your children. Grow up a little, sheesh.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:45 PM

DO you have a child care center suggestion? That was my question. I did not ask for advice or opinions on how to raise my children. SO if I'm getting sarcastic, it's my way of dealing with people who want to tell me to do things their way, instead of answering my question. I am trying to figure out where to go from here, as in, what center to look into.
Again, I thank those who have offered valuable suggestions, I have looked into some and have good leads. To all the others, post away, I'm done here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia