Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,942 times

Advertisements

I am a 60 yr. old male moving from South Carolina and would like to relocate to Virginia. I do not want to be in a big city or too close to Washington. I would prefer a smaller community that has good rental apartments and activities for older adults. I like the mountains. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 06:45 PM

8,821 posts, read 15,277,968 times
Maybe this?

Active Adult in Dumfries, Prince William County, Virginia by K. Hovnanian's® Four Seasons: Four Seasons at Historic Virginia

It isn't by mountains, but is near a National Forest.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:05 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,956,568 times
There are many active adult communities in Loudoun County (I live in one) and a great senior center in Sterling, near the regional library. You are close to the mountains and an easy trip to Skyline Drive. You didn't mention your price range, that is important. Let me know what you can spend and I'll make some suggestions in a DM to you.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:53 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,300,119 times
Potomac Green (greene?) is nice and it is in Ashburn. Ashburn is a nice community about 45 minutes (or longer) from DC. Close to Leesburg VA. (about 10 minutes) There are several different options in that community...There are "single family homes" and then "carriage homes/townhomes" and I believe they are putting in some condos. I know someone who bought a townhome there for $300K...Main level living with a loft that has a second bed and full bath. Nice finishes. Centex made that particular home. Del Webb is another in there. (same?)
Anyway, there is a club home with an indoor pool and activities going on all the time.

Hope this helps. If you look up Centex you will be able to view this area. (The Patriot is the model I have been in...First floor has small dining room, kitchen, living area, master bed and master bath. Nice little patio on the back side and the front has a lovely entry area where you can put a bistro table and sit and have your morning coffee.

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia