Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2008, 08:57 AM

6 posts, read 24,884 times

Advertisements

We smelled this horrible stench as we were driving along Rippon Blvd in Woodbridge the other day. It seems like there's a water treatment center (or similar) near the Rippon Landing Community Park. Does anyone know if the smell is that bad all the time? We're wondering if the smell reaches up to the Riverside Station community further down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 06:08 PM

2,765 posts, read 8,329,220 times
your best bet would be to drive around at night and during the day and check out the smell. In addition go during warm vs. cold days. If it really bothers you then don't live there.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:19 AM

6 posts, read 24,884 times
The plant is called H.L. Mooney Water Reclamation Center. For the most part, where the smell ends up depends on where the wind is blowing. Of course going there myself will answer the question. I was hoping someone who has lived there for a few years can post their input about it.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,971 times
Water treatment describes those processes used to make water more acceptable for a desired end-use. These can include use as drinking water, industrial processes, medical and many other uses. The goal of all water treatment process is to remove existing contaminants in the water, of reduce the concentration of such contaminants so it becomes fit for its desired end-use.
======================================
Sam
[URL="http://www.localdrugrehab.com"]Drug Rehab[/URL]

Old 11-06-2008, 04:24 AM

298 posts, read 1,010,384 times
Just googled the plant and although its called water reclamation I would call it a sewage treatment plant, not water treatment.

The smell is dependant on flows and storage of sludge so whether you will smell it will be largely dependant on what they are doing on the plant as well as weather. Even if it doesnt smell on the days you drive past doesnt mean it wont some days.

I would knock on a couple of the houses where you are planning on living to ask if they have a problem.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:37 AM

1 posts, read 3,704 times
Any more feedback on the sewage treatment plant impact on
dawson's landing neighborhood? We are being told that the smell is only offensive about 20 days out of 365. Does anyone have any experience with the odors?

Old 04-14-2009, 07:45 PM

3 posts, read 8,307 times
I live at Riverside station.... pm me and I'll give you lots of info!

You can only smell the plant when driving by, not at the apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia