U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 07:26 PM

31 posts, read 110,127 times
Default Good Brake Service in Fairfax?

Looks like I'll be dropping some $ on some new brakes. Anyone have a recommendation in Fairfax? Merchant's has a $99 brake special but not sure if they are quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 09:54 PM

2,520 posts, read 4,828,604 times
if it's that cheap, some of those brake pads wont last more than 1 year. I suggest going to a place like Goodyear where you'd have a warranty period of a year or more. Then again, if you're not planning to keep the vehicle then just get the 99 dollar special.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:05 PM

Well, did a quick search in Fairfax and came across Brake Masters (http://www.brakemasters.net/), a mobile brake service. Steve Newman, the owner, came to my place and quickly replaced my original brakes with new ceramic Akebono brakes. Very nice guy and great service.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:44 PM

147 posts, read 263,439 times
Awesome....never heard of in-home brake service. How does the cost compare to going to service center?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba Doo View Post
Well, did a quick search in Fairfax and came across Brake Masters (http://www.brakemasters.net/), a mobile brake service. Steve Newman, the owner, came to my place and quickly replaced my original brakes with new ceramic Akebono brakes. Very nice guy and great service.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metclubin View Post
Awesome....never heard of in-home brake service. How does the cost compare to going to service center?
Cost me $250 to replace my 2 front disc brakes and service my rear drum brakes, which I thought was reasonable considering the speedy and convenient service.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 5,203 times
Quote:
Looks like I'll be dropping some $ on some new brakes. Anyone have a recommendation in Fairfax? Merchant's has a $99 brake special but not sure if they are quality.

Chances are that you will be taken for a ride. $99 Brake special doesn't mean anything. Its just a gimmick for you to come in!

Old 11-08-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhwani View Post
Chances are that you will be taken for a ride. $99 Brake special doesn't mean anything. Its just a gimmick for you to come in!
That's what I figured, which is why I decided to go elsewhere.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:53 PM

5,164 posts, read 8,366,883 times
Quote:
I wonder if that's who I used many years ago. Lived in Arlington at the time but I remember his name was Steve and he was very good and also very pleasant to deal with.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:47 AM

13 posts, read 24,277 times
Default Outstanding Brake Service!

I have used Brake Masters since 1999. Steve, the owner, is a super nice guy! The parts quality he uses is so much better than the sub-par stuff you get at the local brake & muffler shop - plus he comes to you! He has always provided great service...would highly recommend!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:01 AM

2 posts, read 7,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I wonder if that's who I used many years ago. Lived in Arlington at the time but I remember his name was Steve and he was very good and also very pleasant to deal with.
It's probably the same guy. He's been doing mobile brake repair for a long time...a good sign. He just repaired my wife's BMW at our home in Clifton. Dealer quality without the Dealer cost or hassle! Very pleasant to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia