U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,643 times
Default Problems with traffic court!

What do you do when yo want to find out ticket payment information in Virginia when FAIRFAX GENERAL DISTRICT COURT (TRAFFIC) NEVER answers the phone, the Website seems to not function properly when you enter data and all you want to do is pay on time?
(I haven't gotten a live person aftr. weeks of calling, my VIRGINIA UNIFORM SUMMONS has no CASE NUMBER written on the "CASE NO. line) How do you penetrate the barriers without getting an even LARGER fine or losing your driver's privileges DUE TO LATENESS. (OR IS IT DESIGNED TO HAVE YOU GUESS AT THE AMOUNT DUE, ONLY TO BE CHARGED FOR NOT PAYING ENOUGH OR HAVING TO FIGHT "CITY HALL" FOR YOUR OVER PAYMENT REFUND?
All I want is a live person to tell me exactly how much I owe in order to properly pay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 12:34 PM

2,528 posts, read 4,970,503 times
There's a website on the back of your ticket, just follow the instructions. You can see all the HOV violators and their fines.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:41 PM

2,403 posts, read 3,493,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobET View Post
What do you do when yo want to find out ticket payment information in Virginia when FAIRFAX GENERAL DISTRICT COURT (TRAFFIC) NEVER answers the phone, the Website seems to not function properly when you enter data and all you want to do is pay on time?
(I haven't gotten a live person aftr. weeks of calling, my VIRGINIA UNIFORM SUMMONS has no CASE NUMBER written on the "CASE NO. line) How do you penetrate the barriers without getting an even LARGER fine or losing your driver's privileges DUE TO LATENESS. (OR IS IT DESIGNED TO HAVE YOU GUESS AT THE AMOUNT DUE, ONLY TO BE CHARGED FOR NOT PAYING ENOUGH OR HAVING TO FIGHT "CITY HALL" FOR YOUR OVER PAYMENT REFUND?
All I want is a live person to tell me exactly how much I owe in order to properly pay!
I would say that if there is not a case No. then there must not be a file on the ticket????

Old 12-02-2008, 05:32 PM

19,178 posts, read 19,427,521 times
You might say that. The judge might be of a different view...

Old 12-02-2008, 05:38 PM

5,361 posts, read 8,817,872 times
LOL - a judge might view that differently. No idea how Fairfax County works but I find it hard to believe that you can't find out how much you owe on a ticket.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,387 times
I am trying to pay on the weekend. It is not helping. The DMV lets you pay over the weekend (as I have done); and I now need to pay the rest of my traffic fine. Please help is there is some other way to pay the rest of my traffic fine.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:04 PM

488 posts, read 1,165,273 times
What is not working?!?

You dont pay them via Fairfax Website.
You pay them via Virginia Court website

go here
Pay Traffic Ticket Online

find your name and pay it.

if its a new ticket- it takes few weeeks to be put into the system.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:17 PM

488 posts, read 1,165,273 times
++++

you can always mail a check to fairfax county court, with your ticket attached.

THey have all the violations and their total cost on county website.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,859 times
what do you do if you missed your court date for a speeding ticket???!!!

Old 06-23-2009, 07:43 PM

3,945 posts, read 6,245,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrupert View Post
what do you do if you missed your court date for a speeding ticket???!!!

Stop driving until you get your license re-instated.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia