U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 01:39 PM

413 posts, read 1,042,514 times

Advertisements

Personally, Potomac Mills is better than all of the other malls in this region.

If by teenager shops you mean A&F, Hollister, Aeropostale, and those other lame companies, then yes, P. Mills has them but so does Tysons and Fairoaks.

Great stores at Potomac Mills include:

Polo
Tommy Hilfiger
Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic
Books-A-Million
Movado
Nautica
H&M
and many more for a fraction of the price. Sure, Tysons has more inventory, but lets face it, unless your at baller status, who actually drops $5k on suits, ties, sweaters, etc. on the daily?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 09:29 PM

5 posts, read 12,441 times
To clarify my earlier post--I lived in the 22193 zip code (we had a Woodbridge address and fell in a Woodbridge school zone (although my son attended a private school while we lived there) but were very close to being in Dale city). On a map, if you look at the intersection of Minnieville Road and Dale Blvd., we lived in that area on the Woodbridge side of Minnieville.

I'm not sure if an earlier poster was hinting that we did not have a good relationship with our neighbors, thus somehow leading to the damage to our property, but I can only say that I don't think that was the case. The houses immediately on either side of us were mostly vacant, with older, retired folks living in them that also had homes in other states and only came by their VA residences on a semi-annual basis, but we did know them and had good relationships with them as well as another retired couple 2 houses down who also complained that the neighborhood was going south. Also, when we filed police reports for the stolen car and the home break-in, we were told both times that there had been similar crimes recently all over the neighborhood. So, I don't think we were specifically being targeted or by any stretch were the only ones experiencing those problems.

I have been to other parts of Woodbridge, like the Montclaire and Lake Ridge areas, and they do seem nicer, but I can really only give an accurate 1st hand account from the area that I lived in.

ETA--I think Potomac Mills is a good mall for what it is. You can get some really good deals there. It is a little run down from what it was like when I was a kid 10 years ago but it still has some good stores and you can, like I said, get some really great deals if you are a bargain hunter.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:18 PM

4,686 posts, read 5,517,313 times
I've been in Dale City (22193) for 27 years ... first in the Birchdale community, then Forestdale, then Cherrydale, and for the last 17 years, the Nottingdale community. No break-ins, no cars stolen, no problems. Maybe we've been lucky - crime can happen anywhere. But our experiences have been positive.

Potomac Mills - I rarely go there. I prefer Tysons. But I was glad to see Potomac Mills arrive, since it spurred some much-needed growth, especially with restaurants. When we first moved here (from Maryland), there wasn't much available beyond burgers and pizza!

Old 12-09-2008, 06:28 PM

555 posts, read 2,432,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annski88 View Post
I have heard bad things about it but I'm looking at houses in that area and most of them are really nice houses! So is all of Woodbridge bad or just certain parts?

What about the area around Potomac Mill Outlet Mall? I want to live somewhere where I'm close to some sort of shopping!

Also does anyone know what stores are in the Prince William Square strip mall?
The area you are speaking of is kind of a "neighborhood by neighborhood" issue. As stated before, the problem with this type of area is even if you live in a "nice" neighborhood your kids will still be going to school with the "other" neighborhoods. What neighborhood and more specifically street(s) are you looking at? The issue of Woobridge being "nice" has been beaten to death and spawned MANY "internet fights" here. People get very angry if you say negative comments about their neighborhoods. Furthermore, your idea of "nice" is probably not the next posters idea of "nice" or "bad". I will give you my honest opinion on PM, but I've learned my lesson from giving it on the forum. People get real personal and out of control sometimes. PM me and I will let you know (I've lived, gone to school, and worked in the area for 30 years). Or better yet, just search "woodbridge" in the search engine, the discussions come up.

The only Prince William Square I know of is in Manassas. Are you talking about Prince William Plaza? If so, it's off of Rt.1 near Occoquan Rd. A couple of Hispanic stores are there, not much else.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:07 AM

734 posts, read 1,727,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrovic View Post
The issue of Woodbridge being "nice" has been beaten to death and spawned MANY "internet fights" here. People get very angry if you say negative comments about their neighborhoods. Furthermore, your idea of "nice" is probably not the next posters idea of "nice" or "bad". I will give you my honest opinion on PM, but I've learned my lesson from giving it on the forum. People get real personal and out of control sometimes.
Awww, Nitrovic, come on. I was hoping that another brawl would break out. They can be so entertaining.

In truth, though, I think your line "your idea of "nice" is probably not the next poster's idea of "nice" " is probably the best explanation for the disparate opinions of Woodbridge.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:44 PM

413 posts, read 1,042,514 times
PW square is located around the intersection of Gideon and Smoketown. It's mostly older businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia