U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 06:02 PM

23 posts, read 60,837 times

Advertisements

Hello, would anyone know of a Physical Therapist that works with children and practices Craniosacral Therapy? My son has had over 40 ear infections and 4 sets of ear tubes. Some believe craniosacral therapy can help. Thanks in advance to anyone who has some advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 12:26 AM

28 posts, read 140,605 times
We are getting ready to move to NOVA. Our D.O. Dr. gave me the name of three D.O. Docs who practice in Alexandria and Arlington that she knows personally. Is that the area you are looking for? I really like my Doc here so I am planning to contact the Docs she recommended when we get out to VA. My daughter was having ear infections too, she hasn't had one since her first visit with the osteopath.
You might also want to check out
http://www.cranialacademy.org/
That is how I found the Dr. we are currently seeing. I have been really please with the care we have received.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:43 AM

23 posts, read 60,837 times
Default Thank You!

Thank you so much for your response. I live near Manassas and have learned about a few Dr.s in Alexandria & Arlington. I've contacted them however they do not participate with insurance companies. The insurance company will not reimburse for D.O.s (osteopathic manipulation). I really can't afford nearly $300 for an eval and about $200 per additional visit. I know there are some PTs, etc who do craniosacral therapy...insurance would pay for them.

I'm glad to hear that your child's ear infections were relieved by a D.O. It's amazing. The only thing that ENT Drs. can do is keep putting tubes in my sons ears which cause scar tissue...he's already speech delayed. I"m sorry I'm rambling. Just wanted to thank you for your time!!! Good luck with your move to NOVA. I just moved here from MD so unfortunantly I don't have a lot of advice to give about the NOVA area.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:29 AM

28 posts, read 140,605 times
Are you by chance military?

We're military and until recently I was under the impression that the D.O. would not be covered too but I was wrong. The Dr. we see here does not deal with our insurance either. However, Tricare will/can do a referral for a D.O. that is in their system. Either you can go to that Dr. or see a different D.O. and pay the difference. So I do pay out of pocket at the time of the visit but can submit the bill to the insurance company for some reimbursement. Have you check that option?
Also, my daughter has seen her Dr. for the last 2 1/2 years, after the first two appointments, which were about a month apart she only went in if I thought she was having an issue roughly about every 4-5months.
Good luck, hope you find an answer that works for you and your son.

On a side note, How do you like Manassas? What do you think about the schools?

Last edited by ProudMarineWife2; 12-06-2008 at 02:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia