Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 06:53 PM

5 posts, read 17,422 times

Advertisements

Newly married couple looking to relocate to Woodbridge, VA. I will be working right in Woodbridge at the Sport and Health, so I am not worried about a commute.
Wife is a teacher looking for openings within Prince William County Schools, she would really like to teach at a private school in the area.
We will start on a tight budget and looking for advice for apartment rentals in the area. We are very excited about moving to the area! Open to any advice.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 01:31 PM

6 posts, read 21,852 times
Hi there! I work out at the Sport and Health that just opened in Stafford...I do know where your location will be and I would suggest looking at rentals of townhouses as well as apts. I know that there are several developments just down the road from the gym with townhouses for rent. Hope this is helpful and best of luck! Ginger

Old 12-27-2008, 06:51 PM

73 posts, read 247,425 times
I wish your wife luck in finding a teaching job in the area. There is a "hiring freeze" in Pr. Wm. County schools (even though they are not calling it that -- all hires have to be approved by the superintendent). There will be major cutbacks next year and lots of current teachers will be looking for positions at other schools due to distaffing.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:39 AM

56 posts, read 205,803 times
I agree that your wife may have a difficult time finding a job in PWCS. I teach here and was lucky enough to get a job in October before the hiring freeze. The budget for next year is very grim and schools are having major cutbacks. The only critical area I can think of is ESOL teachers. If your wife is ESOL certified she may be able to get a job.

We live in the Lake Ridge area off of Old Bridge. We like it well enough. I work right here in Woodbridge and my husband works at Bevoir. We both have decent commutes and like the area. We live in a townhome, not an apartment.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:21 AM

73 posts, read 247,425 times
Yes, ESOL and title 1 teachers should not have problem with getting jobs but have heard through the grapevine that ESOL teachers have been distaffed at a PWC school. I have heard that they will have to cut teachers at my school next year and I assume it will be happening at other schools too! It will be a very grim 2009! My advice: apply everywhere you can including Loudon, Fairfax etc.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:02 PM

36 posts, read 126,640 times
I agree with Mrs. Hos - Lake Ridge is (arguably) the nicest area in Woodbridge. Definitely look at townhouse/ condo rentals in addition to apartment complexes.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:17 AM

555 posts, read 2,694,369 times
Lake Ridge. Specifically Westridge, Springwoods, or Old Bridge Estates. Twin Oaks is also very nice (off of Minnieville).

Old 12-31-2008, 07:35 PM

23 posts, read 68,346 times
Hi There,

You will like living in Woodbridge/Lake Ridge area. There is a new apartment community behind the Ruby Tuesday on the Prince William Parkway called County Center Crossing Apartments that may work for you you can check what is available on line. County Center Crossing
Good Luck on the Teaching Job

Old 01-06-2009, 06:27 PM

5 posts, read 17,422 times
I will be working as a Director at Explosive Performance Sports Training, how are the athletics in the area? How much interest do you feel there is for sport-specific speed and agility training? Do people in the area have the expendable income for a program like this?

Old 01-06-2009, 07:30 PM

413 posts, read 1,162,376 times
where's this place located? Northern Virginia is very heavily recruited for soccer where speed is needed. And basketball mildly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia