U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:42 PM

261 posts, read 501,904 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about Shawneeland Subd. in Winchester/Frederick County?? Good or Bad, give it to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 07:35 PM

205 posts, read 221,297 times
Looked at it once years ago. It has it's own police substation... and I don't mean that in a good way. A friend's husband was on the Winchester police force at the time and he had some strong opinions about Shawneeland, none of them good. Trust me, you're going to want to pass on this one.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:41 PM

THANKS for the reply!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:38 PM

No other opinions of this area??

Old 01-31-2009, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 11,261 times
I am a realtor and have listings for lots and new homes in an undeveloped area of the subdivision which is still very wooded and private and only 15 minutes to I-81 and is situated on the county line of Frederick County and Shenandoah County. The developed part which is nearer Winchester, VA and in the northern part of Frederick County is very developed and offers a community lake, recreation area, etc. If you would like any additional information you can contact me at [email]karenfried@mris.com[/email].

Old 09-09-2009, 07:00 AM

1 posts, read 10,808 times
I have lived in shawneeland for 10 years and it is a nice place. I love the lake and the mountains. it is beautiful when the trees change and when it snows.They have a crew that works to plow the roads in the winter and takes care of the grounds year round.we just got a new playgound for the children making that 2 and a new mail house on the other side. It is fairly quiet and peaceful up here. people mind their own business and just throw up a hand when they see you out.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:25 AM

3,286 posts, read 5,236,013 times
Sorry CalieCat I haven't been to Shawneeland so I cannot comment but am buying in Winchester and will be out exploring the surrounding areaa. I would think that that area would be changing because of all of the government agencies that are now in the area?

Old 10-01-2009, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 10,762 times
I work for the government and moved out near Shawneeland almost 2 years ago. We have lots of friends who live there. It is a mix. There are nice homes and run down homes. It was a vacation cottage type place, and is upgrading to new homes. The run down cottages might make a good buy if you are into renovation and a good price. It is a beautiful place. I live in Quail Hill, a new subdivision off Muse Road, the opposite mountain from Shawneeland. If you love mountain living, this is the place to be. It does have a nice lake, pitch n put golf course, new playground, a fire station (not aware of a police department like in the other post). It is a busy place.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:11 PM

6,530 posts, read 9,211,177 times
Well I'd go with the opinions of people that actually LIVE there, but my wife and I looked a little over a year ago and, at least the parts that we looked at, were downright frightening looking...... It seemed like you could get a pretty nice house, but it also looked like it completely lacked any sort of HOA or governing body...... I mean there were lots with a nice house next to lots with a trashed double-wide.

Nearby there was a subdivision called (IIRC) Mountain View Estates?? It seemed to be a LITTLE better than Shawneeland, with less interspersed trash in the woods.

Either way, it's kinda out there in the boonies. It all depends on what you're looking for really and what you're used to. I could see it being good for some and not good for others. My wife is a career suburbanite, so it was a big "NO" for us...

Old 11-07-2010, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 11,247 times
do you know about the utilities in this area....or better yet do you know a energy efficient testing company??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia