U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 07:24 AM

2 posts, read 7,548 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I am a long time lurker, first time poster in these forums. My family is moving to NOVA and I was wondering if anyone has any info about the Foxfield development in Fairfax. There are several Townhomes for rent in that area that are around $1600-$1700 a month. The elementary school reports as being okay, but I am curious about that specific area. We live in a TH community right now that reads well on paper, but I discovered after moving here that it is known around town for its problems with crime. We also have developments here which have become home exclusively to illegal immigrants. In this area that means a 3 bdrm is home to 15-20 people, mostly unrelated, making living conditions difficult for others in many ways. If this is the case, please let me know. Thanks for your help!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 09:47 AM

5,070 posts, read 8,604,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissli View Post
Hello!
I am a long time lurker, first time poster in these forums. My family is moving to NOVA and I was wondering if anyone has any info about the Foxfield development in Fairfax. There are several Townhomes for rent in that area that are around $1600-$1700 a month. The elementary school reports as being okay, but I am curious about that specific area. We live in a TH community right now that reads well on paper, but I discovered after moving here that it is known around town for its problems with crime. We also have developments here which have become home exclusively to illegal immigrants. In this area that means a 3 bdrm is home to 15-20 people, mostly unrelated, making living conditions difficult for others in many ways. If this is the case, please let me know. Thanks for your help!
If you don't get a specific response here, you might go to the Lees Corner Elementary PTA web site and start contacting individual PTA members asking for their opinions.

In general, that seems like a pretty decent part of western Fairfax/Chantilly to me. It's quite suburban, reasonably close to good shopping, and in an area with good schools. The Foxfield townhouse complex is mostly surrounded by neighborhoods of SFHs. At the same time, the townhouses are a good bit more affordable than those in other parts of the county, and there's certainly some chance that at least some units will house multiple, unrelated individuals.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:22 AM

280 posts, read 910,376 times
I used to live in Fair Woods, which is on the same side of 50, but the next TH complex east (off Rugby Road, on the opposite side of the golf course from Foxfield). I thought the neighborhood was really nice, not at all a concern about crime, etc. Though, I was one of "multiple, unrelated people" in the house.

I would expect Foxfield to be similar based upon location and general appearance.

Will say this though--while our rent was comparable to yours (1550 2 yrs ago), I do notice that the purchase prices for Foxfield are a lot lower, and I don't know why. Our TH was really cheap construction, your basic 1980 special, so I can't account for that, given that both complexes are half a mile apart, same shopping/schools/zip.

Like the area overall though--convenient to Fairfax, Reston, Herndon, 66.

Hope you get more specific info on Foxfield.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:06 PM

488 posts, read 1,581,886 times
Brookfield , which is just opposite side of 50, is really mixed.

Actually, it went downhill really in the early 2000s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia