Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:26 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,660,045 times

Advertisements

Sure, my husband had been a patient of the previous doctor and continued on a regular basis so he was considered a current patient with no interruption. I had seen her at her previous office. But when our daughter outgrew the pediatricians and needed an adult doctor she needed to wait for an appointment just because the schedule was full. That's all it is, really. I have two doctors that I have been seeing annually for years but I still need to make appointments three months in advance because they're in demand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 09:16 AM

247 posts, read 685,579 times
After my longtime doctor's office stopped taking my insurance , my wife turned me on to the doctor she's been seeing, Dr. Shah with Internal Medicine Associates of Reston Internal Medicine Associates of Reston. I really like her, she's got great "bedside" manner but also really knows her stuff. The office has stuff online so you get a password and can log in to check all your test results without having to call the office. Dr. Shah also attaches a comment to the results to let you know she's reviewed them, and you can email back with questions, etc.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:47 AM

230 posts, read 755,589 times
mpascal - I just looked at Dr. Shah's web site. I see that as of 1/1/09 her practice is a nonparticipating member in the Medicare program and is not accepting new Blue Cross/Blue Shield patients. Seems like a lot of doctors nowdays are limiting/excluding patients for insurance reasons!

Old 03-05-2009, 11:00 AM

247 posts, read 685,579 times
My old doctor stopped taking Cigna which is what we've got. The insurance issues are screwing everyone one way or another.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:01 AM

8,581 posts, read 9,064,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aromonde View Post
We are in Springfield but do not mind traveling in the area for a good doctor!
I live very close to you and my PCP is Dr. Ciampi and in the past Dr. Gallini. They also have a Dr. Mary Ryder. I've used them for 20 years with no bad issues. Their offices are just south on Rt 1, off of Rolling (Pohick) near Lorton Station shopping Center (I think that is the name of the shopping center.)
Williamsburg Square Family Practice - Lorton, VA, (Virginia)

Old 03-05-2009, 12:50 PM

241 posts, read 985,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpascal View Post
After my longtime doctor's office stopped taking my insurance , my wife turned me on to the doctor she's been seeing, Dr. Shah with Internal Medicine Associates of Reston Internal Medicine Associates of Reston. I really like her, she's got great "bedside" manner but also really knows her stuff. The office has stuff online so you get a password and can log in to check all your test results without having to call the office. Dr. Shah also attaches a comment to the results to let you know she's reviewed them, and you can email back with questions, etc.
Thank you, I think we'll give her a try.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:28 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,596,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVMYDACH View Post
Seems like a lot of doctors nowdays are limiting/excluding patients for insurance reasons!
Yep! My doctor stopped taking on Tricare patients a few months ago. Don't even get me started that there are NO OB/Gyns in Prince William county who take Tricare Prime.

I'd recommend my doctor but 1) she's no longer accepting new patients and 2) there is nothing better than find a good doctor who is close. There is no way I'd travel a long distance for a doctor in this area considering the traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia