Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 02:05 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,604,592 times

Advertisements

The OP has unrealistic expectations. First, Arlington is expensive no matter who you are. Second, very few apartments allow large dogs. This isn't exclusive to Arlington. Usually, the places that allow large dogs are places you wouldn't want to live in to begin with. There's nothing forward thinking in allowing people with large dogs. If anything, that's backward thinking. It's thinking that says "we'll rent to anyone as long as you have money." I'm sorry you're having a hard time finding a place. But that's what you get for having a large dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 01:21 AM

49 posts, read 135,109 times
This is the most dog unfriendly and dog ignorant board that I've seen. Get a grip. We have more to worry about from humans than a poor animal. Some of you should try getting put on a leash, getting fed kibble, waiting to get taken out to potty and be bathed and begging for attention and then be expected to obey your master and see how it feels. Then when you get too old for companionship or bite another dog or human due to improper breeding, you get euthanised.

I agree that the OP should become a homeowner, but sometimes life puts us in circumstances where we can't own a home. Kids are more of a threat than dogs because they write on the walls, vomit on the carpet, poke holes in the walls, can be a sanitary hazard waiting to happen (use your imagination here) and cause other property damage that could be prevented if some parents actually raise them right. These post reveal a lot about some of these dog haters character.

Many landlords care little about tenants and ignore 10 people:1 bedroom, illegals being rowdy, sex offenders, maintenance not fixing things in a timely manner because as long as they are getting paid, that's all that matters. They only care when the property gets damaged and they have to pony up money that the government later compensates them at for tax time. Some pets cause damage due to neglectful owners and that should badly reflect on the owner and not the dog.

From they way that some of these posters are writing, it looks like these 'people' had poor training themselves. I guess they don't want competition. You know how territorial dogs are. I hope that this is not a reflection of NOVA. This alone made me change my mind about relocating to this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia