Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 11:08 AM

82 posts, read 567,466 times

Advertisements

Wow. So many people looking in McLean! Our family [wife and two kids] has also been looking in McLean that past couple of months. We have looked in N. Arlington, City of Falls Church, Vienna and Great Falls too. I think we have decided, for now, that we like City of Falls Church, McLean and N. Arlington. Great Falls and Vienna are to far out. We actually gave Vienna one last try this weekend as I was interested in a couple of listings on Tapawingo St. We drove around the area behind the shopping center in the middle of town. Many of the homes had no curb appeal and then there are the new craftsman’s style homes, they just did not seem to fit in well. I've been to Chesterbrook, and they have done a much better job of making new homes fit into the landscape. And the commute was terrible. Driving from DC on Sunday afternoon there was stop and go traffic on 66, especially as you approached the Nutley St/Vienna exit. While there are some nice homes in Vienna, McLean [Chesterbrook and Franklin Park areas] and City of Falls Church are more desirable to us. Two things McLean has that we really like .. the maturity of the neighborhoods, the trees and hills and the proximity to DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 11:35 AM

23 posts, read 62,423 times
I am ok with a 0.25 acre lot. Not ideal but for the next 5-7 years should be perfect.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:53 PM

229 posts, read 743,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunnLauren View Post
We recently looked at the house on Pathfinder Lane too. We thought the house was incredibly nice inside and the price was reasonable for the amount of space.

The deal-breaker was the lot. We knew the lot was small but hadn't anticipated that another similar house would be in the backyard! I know the developer must have just been trying to cram as many houses as possible in the neighborhood, but it was off-putting. Was that your reaction too, Rarebucky? We've also looked in Chesterbrook and haven't come across any lots that were so odd. But the prices there are generally higher.

Oh well, the right houses are out there somewhere. Guess I know what we'll be doing next Sunday.

P.S. - I laughed when I saw the reference in another post to the Rubicon Trail. One of the things my DH said when we driving around some of the hilly areas of Chesterbrook was "if we move here, we'll have to buy a four-wheel drive." Maybe he just wanted one anyway, but some of the roads did seem better than others.
There's a difference between poorly maintained roads (thus my reference to the Rubicon Trail) vs. hilly areas. In general, you'll find hilly areas in Vienna (north of maple) all the way up to Great Falls, and many parts of North McLean.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:08 AM

82 posts, read 567,466 times
While looking in CHESTERBROOK did anyone look at 1856 Patton Ter MLS #
FX6961206? Thoughts about the home or the area? Listed at 2900 sq ft, but felt smaller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia