Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:05 AM

230 posts, read 1,215,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miszjewels View Post
I have a bit of a smell fedish (sp).
I don't think fetish was the word you were going for there.

Regarding the 2nd floor washer/dryer, I really researched this because I wanted to get the quietest, most vibration-free set out there. Also important was I wanted the biggest top-loading washer out there. We went with the new GE Profile Harmony set, and are pretty happy. GE has a few levels of "quiet" perfomance, and this set is at their top "Supreme Quiet" level. We love the huge 4.0 cubic feet washer, and love being able to pop the lid open and dump a huge basket of dirty kids laundry in it.

This set is kinda fancy though, with the touch-screen controls, and is a bit pricey, so may not be exactly what you are looking for, but we got a great deal on them and it's worth checking out. They are quiet, but since they have stainless steel baskets, you will get noise from buttons, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 07:00 AM

8 posts, read 22,725 times
Is that the farm (Vint hill rd) that backs to the meadows?

Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 AM

2,765 posts, read 8,327,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miszjewels View Post
Is that the farm (Vint hill rd) that backs to the meadows?
it's possible. there are a lot of farms on vint hill road.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEATHER72 View Post
In reference to the cow poo smell at Morris Farm... I think it's a year round thing, but it is not an everyday thing. I honestly don't smell it that often. It is worse towards where the Craftmark homes are though. It doesn't really bother me. I'd put up with the occassional odor to have a house that sits over the meadow & Broad Run.
Holy cow! We have been building our house in Morris Farms for a few months-no major issues with the smell until tonight. It was horrible-make you gag and run back to the car horrible. What the heck they doin over there? I hope our air conditioner doesn't pull that inside-any issues?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:52 PM

Um-would they be fertilizing now-by any chance?

Old 10-08-2009, 09:21 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,611,928 times
Yeah the smell was really noticeable today. Doesn't keep me from going outside though. I never smell it inside.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:05 AM

509 posts, read 974,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEATHER72 View Post
Yeah the smell was really noticeable today. Doesn't keep me from going outside though. I never smell it inside.
Yes, it sure was noticeable last night in Morris Farm. I never noticed it so strong before - but only have lived there 11 months now. Doesn't get inside, and didn't keep me from going outside and walking my dog. Still, it was pretty strong and surprising when I first stepped outside yesterday evening. I bet it might be a lot worse on the other side of the neighborhood where the Craftmark homes are!

Old 10-09-2009, 06:31 AM

Thanks for the info-I hope it stays outside down where we are. It is def stronger on the Craftmark side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: