Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 06:37 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,551 times

Advertisements

Hey there. I am still house hunting in Burke and am finding a few houses I like, but they are in communities with no recreational amenities. My favorites are walking/running trails and swimming pools. I figure for trails, if it comes down to it, I can just go to a park since there are so many in Fairfax County. But what about pools?

When I lived in Annandale, I knew of two private pools that offered memberships. Are there any pools like that in the Burke area? If I knew I could just join a pool, that community amenity would drop much lower on my list of "wants" for a new home.

By the way, I really don't like indoor pools (like you would have at a gym). They are tolerable, but I like a nice cold pool on a hot summer day to swim laps in. Heated pools feel too much like bathtubs to me.

By the way, I haven't completely ruled out Island Creek or even Kingstown as a place to house hunt. Although I've been having better luck finding homes close to what I need and want, in my price range, in Burke.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 06:50 AM

2,612 posts, read 5,584,557 times
Burke Centre Pools - I think one membership buys you several different locations. Not sure if there are any special residency requirements.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:53 AM

42 posts, read 101,971 times
Burke Centre has 5 community pools (one in each of the communities - Oaks, Landings, Woods, Commons and Ponds). For Burke Centre residents it is only @ $100 for the summer. Even if you don't live in Burke Centre you can join the pools. It cost more @$300. You can go to any of the five pools.

FYI - indoor pools are Burke Swim and Racquet Club (behind the Burke Centre Giant). South Run Rec Center is also nearby.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:00 AM

2,497 posts, read 3,404,043 times
Orange Hunt Swim and Tennis in West Springfield has memberships available and it's in a safe, friendly community.

ORANGE HUNT SWIM AND TENNIS CLUB

Old 02-10-2011, 10:53 AM

42 posts, read 101,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketweave View Post
Burke Centre has 5 community pools (one in each of the communities - Oaks, Landings, Woods, Commons and Ponds). For Burke Centre residents it is only @ $100 for the summer. Even if you don't live in Burke Centre you can join the pools. It cost more @$300. You can go to any of the five pools.

FYI - indoor pools are Burke Swim and Racquet Club (behind the Burke Centre Giant). South Run Rec Center is also nearby.

I just wanted to add the fees I gave above are for a family membership.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:46 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,551 times
Thanks everyone for the answers. I really love swimming and while it wasn't a "needed" feature of my new home, it was definitely on the top of the "want" list. Now I know I can have access to a pool somehow.

BTW, Burke Centre does look nice and is one the my "top pick" neighborhoods if I can find something there.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 AM

247 posts, read 1,141,097 times
We live in Fairfax Club Estates (off Ox Rd between Burke Centre and Braddock). Summer pool memberships are available at our neighborhood pool - I think it's around $400 for the summer. We techincally have a Fairfax address, but most people consider this area to be Burke. Not sure when you plan to go, but b/c we're a small neighborhood, the pool is pretty empty most of the summer.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,754 times
Has anyone had any experience with the clubs of Orange Hunt, Hunt Valley, and Rolling Valley? Our home is pretty much right between the three and they all have their pluses from looking online. Hunt Valley has a waiting list though. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia