Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 02:29 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samara11 View Post
There's an update on the Washingtonpost too, they've discovered that William Bennett also did contract work for the CIA, so it might even have been a targeted hit.
Slain Loudoun Man Did Contract Work for CIA | LoudounExtra.com | The Washington Post
Oh ho ho! This IS like the Robert Hansen story. Hmmm, you know the espionage theory could be right. Bennet was either part of a drop off, or stumbled upon one. That's why the police are covering up with this claim that it was a "random killing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samara11 View Post

In any case, I just don't feel safe anymore, I just bought pepper spray off the internet (something is better than nothing, right?) and I'm planning on carrying it at all times with me and not go walking or jogging in the early or late hours at all (better safe than sorry).
Sorry to hear that, hope the pepper spray makes you feel safer. I live near there and jog every morning, it still feels very safe to me. But everyone's different. Maybe you can get a jogging partner? I've seen notes up at the gym looking for walking/jogging friends, maybe you could contact one of those people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeman804 View Post
Why do people think that a couple in Loundon wasn't involved with drug dealers?
Makes sense to me, if Bennett was a drug dealer that would explain why someone wanted to murder him. But since he worked for the CIA I'm going with the spy theory.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:40 PM

For anyone who's interested, the HOA is holding a meeting at 7 p.m. tomorrow in the ballroom at the National Conference Center to speak with the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:54 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,739,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
It is sandwiched between Leesburg and Sterling which are crime nests.
Crime nests? Really? Yes, Leesburg is the real Gotham City.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:00 PM

154 posts, read 374,196 times
I think it very possible to be gang related. I have hiked on the Goose Creek trail that runs from Route 7 to the Potomac River a few times recently. If you cross underneath the Riverside Parkway Bridge over Goose Creek (a few hundred feet from the crime scene) you will see it is plastered with gang (and other) graffiti. The bridge and environs look beautiful from the road but underneath it's a different story. But who knows...

Old 03-25-2009, 08:11 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,952,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromVAtoNC View Post
Oh ho ho! This IS like the Robert Hansen story. Hmmm, you know the espionage theory could be right. Bennet was either part of a drop off, or stumbled upon one. That's why the police are covering up with this claim that it was a "random killing".

Sorry to hear that, hope the pepper spray makes you feel safer. I live near there and jog every morning, it still feels very safe to me. But everyone's different. Maybe you can get a jogging partner? I've seen notes up at the gym looking for walking/jogging friends, maybe you could contact one of those people.
The Bennetts had a partner, each other! That obviously made no difference. A partner didn't help them. I doubt pepper spray would either since an assailant would be on you before you were aware and had time to take it out of your pocket, aim, and spray. Personally, I'd only jog there with a big dog. No one wants to mess with a big dog, plus he's a lot more obvious than a can of pepper spray in your pocket.

Aren't dropoffs usually done by one person, rather than a group of people? How did one spy beat up two people at the same time?

Old 03-25-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgatedenizen View Post
I think it very possible to be gang related. I have hiked on the Goose Creek trail that runs from Route 7 to the Potomac River a few times recently. If you cross underneath the Riverside Parkway Bridge over Goose Creek (a few hundred feet from the crime scene) you will see it is plastered with gang (and other) graffiti. The bridge and environs look beautiful from the road but underneath it's a different story. But who knows...
Perhaps it's something as simple as the Bennetts came upon a gang who was graffiting the area and didn't want to be caught so they beat up the Bennetts.

If it was more than one person, which I think is very likely, someone in the group involved will blab. They always do. Someone will brag about it at a party, and/or get drunk and tell someone. Or a family member will notice something. The more people involved, the more difficult to keep it quiet.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromVAtoNC View Post
For anyone who's interested, the HOA is holding a meeting at 7 p.m. tomorrow in the ballroom at the National Conference Center to speak with the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office.
I pray that the sheriff has some answers for them, something reassuring for those who live there.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:33 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,503,710 times
Just carry a gun when you jog - strap it to your thigh and wear loose shorts over it.

If it was gangs I hope they feel nice after beating an old man to death. Sickos

Old 03-25-2009, 08:59 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
If it was gangs I hope they feel nice after beating an old man to death. Sickos
57 is "old?" LMAO! If you said that to the geezers who dominate the PA forum you'd be tarred and feathered!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia