U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 01:29 PM

32 posts, read 100,121 times

Advertisements

Sorry, suburbs shouldn't get sub forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 08:34 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,109,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdei38 View Post
NoVa needs it's own forum. The entire population of Fairfax County alone is what....over a million or two? Correct me but I know it is huge....

Nova is the definition of a transient area. So many people move in because of white collar work, for the last 20 years NoVa has been different.
If Northern Virginia has its own forum- then so should Richmond!

Old 04-07-2007, 06:48 PM

70 posts, read 194,599 times
NoVa houses an extremely large number of people. NoVa is built by several counties. Only one county above was named and it hosts over a million. Add in Prince William, Arlington, Loudon.... Nova hosts the Dulles Corridor which a few dozen big business call home. There is no way NoVa is given justice by grouping it with all the rest of Virginia. Like I said before, NoVA also hosts a huge number of transients. People get relocated to and from the area in large numbers. A boss transfers in from Texas lives in Ashburn and he gets relocated to Kansas. Meanwhile his house is rented to an interim VP from Cleveland. NoVA is like that and does deserve it's own board.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:01 PM

26 posts, read 95,713 times
Default Yes

Yes. Considering the huge population and the number of threads that deal with NoVA. Absolutely.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:19 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,109,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdei38 View Post
NoVa houses an extremely large number of people. NoVa is built by several counties. Only one county above was named and it hosts over a million. Add in Prince William, Arlington, Loudon.... Nova hosts the Dulles Corridor which a few dozen big business call home. There is no way NoVa is given justice by grouping it with all the rest of Virginia. Like I said before, NoVA also hosts a huge number of transients. People get relocated to and from the area in large numbers. A boss transfers in from Texas lives in Ashburn and he gets relocated to Kansas. Meanwhile his house is rented to an interim VP from Cleveland. NoVA is like that and does deserve it's own board.
Oh, yes, better keep NOVA away from old backwards Virginia. I mean, we're not Virginians, we're from DC!

Old 04-07-2007, 08:46 PM

70 posts, read 194,599 times
Oh please. The people commuting in from Spotsylvania, Front Royal, Luray and Opal and Sumerduck and oh yeah, Charlestown.....those slots owe me big time, surely can post opinion on traffic, but really the forum would be for people looking to live in NoVa. Those places are not NoVa, they are the outskirts of rural VA or the outskirts of NoVa. A NoVa forum would deal with people moving right into the thick of the crap....NoVa is a big beautiful melting pot of nice people, rude people, neighbors that hate each other, neighbors that love each other and we all end up sitting on rt 50 for 2 hours to go 10 miles.....it's a mix in NoVA that works, that only those that "live" there can tell people about.... People in DC can attest to life in NoVA, those in SE and those in NE, both deal close to the place the proposed forum would deal with...shoot, DC maybe could be a part of NoVA as far as the forum deals with.....Everyone from NoVA trash men to truck drivers to admins to CEO's have dealings in DC.
As for rural VA, land and housing in rural VA is at a premium a good percentage of people cannot afford... If someone considers themselves a backwards Virginian, that's a shame. I personally think if you have a VA birth certificate, you're way ahead than anyone born to any other state.... I may not live in VA anymore, but I will always call it my home...and if I never get back there, I will always miss VA.

Last edited by ssdei38; 04-07-2007 at 09:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia