Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 08:11 PM

385 posts, read 1,255,225 times

Advertisements

letting your kids handle other's food at the grocery store.

letting your kids run wild in the grocery store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 08:19 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,841,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseplayer View Post
changing your toddler's clothes at the poolside, even though restroom is 20 feet away.
Oooh! Oooh! That made me think of one--people who park right in front of a store and wait for someone who's shopping, when there are plenty of parking spaces just a few feet away.

They block the driving lane, making it unsafe for people trying to cross over to the parking lot. I saw a little kid get hit once because the car was blocking the view of other cars trying to drive through, so it really ticks me off. And what's the big advantage? The parking lots have plenty of spaces, just 30 or 40 feet away. So they save maybe 3 seconds to get to their car?

If it was a little old lady with a walker maybe I'd understand why she needed to park right next to the store. Maybe. But usually I see healthy young people do it, and that's just rude.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:42 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,461,648 times
Normie - about the parking thing - sometimes I will arrive to pick up my 87 yr old Mom at the hairdresser and I will park right in front of the store - she has a handicapped parking permit but a lot of times all the handicap spots are full.
So if you see a perfectly healthy young woman in a car parked in front of the strip mall there might be a good reason -

Rude is a healthy person using the handicapped parkiing space.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:01 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,841,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Normie - about the parking thing - sometimes I will arrive to pick up my 87 yr old Mom at the hairdresser and I will park right in front of the store - she has a handicapped parking permit but a lot of times all the handicap spots are full.
So if you see a perfectly healthy young woman in a car parked in front of the strip mall there might be a good reason -

Rude is a healthy person using the handicapped parkiing space.
LOL, ok you're excused!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:44 PM

9,732 posts, read 9,685,031 times
Rude is talking into a cell phone while simultaneously interacting with a salesperson/cashier at any store. I ignore them until they hang up.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:32 PM

48 posts, read 61,894 times
Or how about people who park right in front of the gas station snack store door blocking a lane of pumps. I was late for work one morning and running out of gas. It was the only pump open and I couldn't get to it because some 20 year old had to get a snickers and a coke. There was ample parking to the side of the store too.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:37 PM

573 posts, read 2,498,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseplayer View Post
letting your kids handle other's food at the grocery store.

letting your kids run wild in the grocery store.
or just letting your kids run wild anywhere and then getting pissed off when someone says something about it. i love children (i work in a preschool right now and will be teaching elementary school by next year) but parents need to control them when there are other people around.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:40 PM

Also bartering for lower professional fees and then getting angry when you don't lower them. This is not India people. And I can't stress enough please turn off your cell phones during medical exams!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
or just letting your kids run wild anywhere and then getting pissed off when someone says something about it.
This one is so true! I was walking in the mall a month ago and this 3 year old child ran full force into my legs and fell down. I had not seen him until he hit me. Then the mother started screaming at me that I pushed her child. She was also middle eastern and started calling me a racist. I didn't say not even one word to her so this was really strange. I quickly got away from her. But I still wonder why the race card was played.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:48 PM

385 posts, read 1,255,225 times
That's a good point Doc. I knew an Ophthalmologist from a County Hospital In New Haven and he had a similar complaint. Except he threw in the fact that they weren't even going to pay for services rendered, and they were speaking Spanish--loudly, and they were in the US illegally, and he was examining their family member's eyeball(s).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia