U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2009, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,334 times

Advertisements

I have accepted a position in Quantico, VA in the FBI laboratory and I need to know some information concerning where is the best place to live. I am a single female in my early 30's. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by msexton; 05-17-2009 at 10:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 02:25 PM

6,561 posts, read 10,859,166 times
We need more info than this. You looking for an apt, town home or single family home? Makes a difference. No matter what I'd stay out of most of the neighborhoods close by in Dumfries and Triangle. There are some nice homes in Dumfries but much of the area is pretty old and often decrepit. Triangle is the same. Montclair is near Quantico and is a nicer and quiet neighborhood with primarily single family homes. The town homes in there haven't gotten too bad but like most they probably will.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:22 AM

2,694 posts, read 6,247,342 times
There are some really nice SFH off 234 near Montclair. It'd be an easy commute to Quantico. I agree with Bigfoot, stay away from the places near Quantico, specifically Williamstown and Port-O-Dumfries and anywhere near Old Triangle Road. There are some bad elements there. I used to live near Fuller Heights Rd. and there was an apartment on the right that was also very seedy, I forget the name but it's on Fuller Heights. There is a nice subdivision off Fuller Heights Rd though, the name escapes me, but there is an elementary school in the vicinity.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:32 AM

23 posts, read 65,078 times
Since you are still single and in your 30's, I would suggest renting first,, to check out neighborhoods. Moreover, Bu is now very spread out in NoVA (lots of divisions can no longer fit in Hoover Building, thus many are officed in Arlington/Fairfax/Quantico area). So don't tied yourself just to 1 neighborhood and risk losing out on future promotions/transfers. And lastly, since cut-off age to be an agent is 37, you might want to become one (maybe you are one already) someday, and new agents are seldom sent back to where they came from (so you must move again). So don't get too attached to a neighborhood.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,550 times
Any updates on what you chose?

I am a 20something with a Masters degree moving soon to VA with my husband. My salary is approximately $4000/mo and I'm looking for advice on where to live. I wish to limit my commuting time to 30min or under. Stafford seems somewhat appealing. I was also looking into Woodbridge. Should I look into Montclair, Dumfries, Triangle? Looking for a 2bdr house or apt.

Any suggestions of websites would be great too! Thx in advance.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:48 AM

6,561 posts, read 10,859,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLnz1204 View Post
Any updates on what you chose?

I am a 20something with a Masters degree moving soon to VA with my husband. My salary is approximately $4000/mo and I'm looking for advice on where to live. I wish to limit my commuting time to 30min or under. Stafford seems somewhat appealing. I was also looking into Woodbridge. Should I look into Montclair, Dumfries, Triangle? Looking for a 2bdr house or apt.

Any suggestions of websites would be great too! Thx in advance.
Where are you talking about working? Would help to know if you want suggestions for keeping your commute under 30 minutes. If you are looking for a short commute and the above areas are your choices you certainly can't be working inside the beltway. It would help to have more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia