U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:24 AM

573 posts, read 2,280,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmurphy View Post
Where do you live? I'm the same distance from IKEA in Woodbridge as from IKEA in College Park, but it's faster for me to go to College Park if I go during off-peak hours on a weekday. (I would never go to either on a weekend.)
Just inside the beltway in Alexandria...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 12:03 PM

30,101 posts, read 67,188,022 times
Well I just got back to Reston after snapping 100 photos of Old Town Alexandria, and, as promised, I'll have them uploaded here in my first of many NoVA photo tours this evening. I got stuck in a jam on the "7 Cha Cha Line" through Tyson's thanks to yet ANOTHER accident (the second I saw in two days on the 7 Cha Cha Line), but overall my day was very pleasant.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Well I just got back to Reston after snapping 100 photos of Old Town Alexandria, and, as promised, I'll have them uploaded here in my first of many NoVA photo tours this evening. I got stuck in a jam on the "7 Cha Cha Line" through Tyson's thanks to yet ANOTHER accident (the second I saw in two days on the 7 Cha Cha Line), but overall my day was very pleasant.
Oh boy! These turned out great! By 3 PM I should have them all up, and I hope you all like what you see! This will be the first "teaser" of THOUSANDS of more photos to come of NoVA, MD, and DC!

Old 05-28-2009, 12:51 PM

1,152 posts, read 2,844,411 times
Quote:
All I can say is that after my hair-raising commute to visit a new friend in Shirlington last night along "the 7" (Yeah, I want to sound cool like my fellow Californian neighbors!) I am probably going to HAVE to stomach paying a few bucks round-trip all the time to access points east of Reston via the toll road. My GPS keeps trying to take me onto 267, and I keep on ignoring it. At least now though I've seen Tyson's Corners, Falls Church (what's with that ridiculous 25 mile per hour speed limit, by the way---35 makes MUCH more sense?), Seven Corners, Arlington, and Alexandria. I've also been up around Leesburg, and I plan to head out there again today to check out the Restoration Hardware outlet to buy some nice cheap fake plants for my bachelor pad. I have yet to venture any further south of South Reston or "Herndondez" (as I've heard a few racists calling it), but I have a co-worker who moved down with me from PA who lives in Centreville, so I'm sure I'll learn my way around that area, Chantilly, Fairfax (as I'm considering enrolling at GMU for grad school), Manassas (relatives), etc. in due time.
Cool! Centreville / Fairfax / Chantilly I'm quite familiar with. Depending on the job thing, a buddy and I are planning on getting a place out that way in December. We'll see how it goes!

Old 05-28-2009, 01:06 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,206,001 times
Oooh...can't wait to see Old Town Alexandria...i've heard good things about the place.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540_804 View Post
Oooh...can't wait to see Old Town Alexandria...i've heard good things about the place.
I just posted the tour. Please give me feedback---positive and negative! I want to make my future tours even better!

Old 05-28-2009, 02:34 PM

23,562 posts, read 33,282,476 times
Quote:
Have you tried going 495 to 395 to Rt 7? I'd never do Rt. 7 from Tysons to Alexandria.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Have you tried going 495 to 395 to Rt 7? I'd never do Rt. 7 from Tysons to Alexandria.
...but the Route 7 Cha-Cha Line is so much fun!

Old 05-28-2009, 07:18 PM

4,711 posts, read 10,860,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post

Yeah, one would have to be a masochist to take Rt 7 from Reston to Old Town!

Old 05-28-2009, 07:55 PM

659 posts, read 1,832,334 times
Quote:
...but the Route 7 Cha-Cha Line is so much fun!
a beautiful drive was gw pkwy from 495 into dc. I mean beauteeeeeeeeeeful.

some suggestions for shots :
dtown ss
dtown beth
dtown frederick
takoma pk
perhaps cp
dtown rockville
kentlands in gburg

farther:
dtown annapolis
historic ellicott city
various parts of baltimore
dtown towson

farther afield:
western md (well, perhaps farther than bmore) ie antietam battlefield, rocky gap, deep creek lake
eastern shore (oc, chestertown, st michaels, easton, cambridge etc)
southern md (ie historic st mary's city site of first md settlement in 1634 )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia