U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 05:42 PM

60 posts, read 102,963 times

Advertisements

Awesome thin-crust NY-Style Pizza. Nice neighborhood place at Cascades Town Center near Route 7 and Cascades Parkway near the Sterling Home Depot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 09:43 PM

63 posts, read 155,334 times
ScranBarre, Scranton's Faccia Luna also has a restaurant in Arlington and Alexandria. Not sure exactly where. It should be on their web site. It is the same people. Also, in Harrisburg or Enola Pa. on Rt. 15, there is (or used to be) an "Old Forge Style" pizza place called "Gigsy's". Not as good as Revello's, but we stopped there a few times going to or coming from NEPA, when we knew we wouldn't have time to actually go out to eat during our visit to NEPA. Here in NOVA, I like "Ledo's (it's square like a tray!) Also like "Tony's" in Fair Lakes.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:31 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,793,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Take Fairfax County Parkway (7100) south to Fairfax. After you cross Route 50, the first major intersection will be Fair Lakes Parkway. If you go past it, you will encounter Route 66.

Fair Lakes has office parks and apartment complexes nestled in some ponds and lots of trees. You'll find the Costco and BJ's warehouse clubs. You'll also find the much talked about Wegman's and Whole Foods markets nearby...talked about because they probably have the largest selection of pre-prepared foods in the area.
Fair Lakes is one place you'll probably spend a lot of time. You'll also hear that area called the Fairfax Couty Government Center. There's a lot of young people there and I believe a relatively strong LGBT scene. I think the REI there has lists of local sports activities you might find interesting, too.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:39 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,793,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCVA View Post
Awesome thin-crust NY-Style Pizza. Nice neighborhood place at Cascades Town Center near Route 7 and Cascades Parkway near the Sterling Home Depot
I second this one. Don Corleone's is the best, IMO.

A lot of community groups and clubs hold meetings at Cascades library. I recommend that as a good way to meet friends, especially if you want to meet people with similar interests. A lot of the "urban growth issues" groups meet there. If you go to one of those meetings, Don Corleone's is walking distance from there.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:39 PM

30,143 posts, read 67,240,082 times
Default Spice Town

Has anyone ever eaten at Spice Town before? I received their menu today in my mailbox, and it is VERY extensive, with everything from stuffed potato skins to Greek pitas to specialty pizza and everything in between. They have locations in Herndon (near my home), and out in Ashburn. Yea or nay?

Old 05-30-2009, 07:53 PM

7,955 posts, read 7,261,115 times
You can find the Herndon restaurants and delis in Restaurants in Herndon Virginia .

You're walking distance to Santini's Deli. It's across the street from Harris Teeter's. Santini's Deli is in the shopping center at the intersection of Reston Parkway and Baron Cameron (606) with Home Depot, Merchant's Auto, and Wendy's.

http://www.santinisdeli.com/

The third pizza outlet at Tall Oaks turned out to be Paisano's Pizzaria which is a local chain.

Paisano's Pizza and Italian Food

Five Guys is the local hamburger chain. You'll find one in Reston in the Plaza America shopping center that contains Whole Foods.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:17 PM

1,623 posts, read 4,326,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post

Is "good pizza" unheard of in the NoVA 'burbs? Do all of you people actually PREFER Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa John's, etc. over any local places? You have delicious restaurants for every ethnicity and nationality imaginable, but I have yet to drive by a tempting pizzeria (preferably even one with al fresco dining!) Please help!!!
Thanks for starting this thread. Beats the anything from the Weekend Traveler.

I'm going to try some of the suggestions.

I think the quality of the pizza places in DC are poor because this area just doesn't have a lot of Italian natives. The pizza is similar in quality as when I lived in New Orleans, another place without many Italians. In NYC, Philly, or Chicago, your pizza place had to be good or would go out of business in a year because you are competing with hundreds of mom and pop type Italian restaurants and pizza joints.

I wish some enterprising son or daughter of an awesome pizza restaurant in the NE or Chicago would open a version in DC. I think it would be a good market for it.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:21 PM

30,143 posts, read 67,240,082 times
My aunt and uncle, fellow NEPA natives now living in suburban Atlanta, are seriously considering opening their own "Northern"-style pizzeria down in North Georgia. By far the most common origination point for transplants whom I've met has been PA/NY/NJ, so why not bring a little flavor of "home" down here? I'm a broke 22-year-old, but surely there are enough well-heeled 40-something transplants from PA/NY/NJ in this region to make a go of it, right?! On a side note I've been invited out to dinner AGAIN tonight, and I plan to try that "Spice Town" place tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia