U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-30-2009, 10:41 AM
 
4,711 posts, read 10,869,313 times
Reputation: 3773

Advertisements

About to head down to the boat. We need to refuel her after the Memorial Day cruise....she should only take about 900-1000 gallons of diesel (ARRGGGH!).

Then the wife is going to work her magic on the teak decks, I will assist as necessary.

Then a short hop to our favorite anchorage to spend the night. I love sleeping aboard when it's cool enough to shut down the generators (because A/C is unnecessary) and just enjoy the quiet...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-30-2009, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Orange Hunt Estates, W. Springfield
628 posts, read 1,724,293 times
Reputation: 231
Northern Region high school baseball final btw W. Springfield and Lake Braddock at Madison HS at 3:00. Go Spartans!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2009, 10:48 AM
 
2,728 posts, read 7,352,108 times
Reputation: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
About to head down to the boat. We need to refuel her after the Memorial Day cruise....she should only take about 900-1000 gallons of diesel (ARRGGGH!).

That's a huge boat That's gotta cost you like $3g to take it up the creek. Wow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2009, 11:07 AM
 
4,711 posts, read 10,869,313 times
Reputation: 3773
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRE332 View Post
That's a huge boat That's gotta cost you like $3g to take it up the creek. Wow

More than that if she's empty....it takes almost 2 months of driving school bus to fill her up ONCE! LOL

She's a classic 57 foot Chris*Craft Constellation built in 1966 of mahogany and teak....LOTS of work to keep her in Bristol condition.

Her twin 8V-71TI Detroit Diesels "like" fuel...to put it mildly! (Then there's the pair of generator sets (15 & 7.5 KW) that would power the average house sucking that diesel too). Running the gensets is optional, only needed if you want to run the radar, A/C, or oven (and stay out of the fridge!).

Oops, wife's yelling c'mon....have a great weekend everybody!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2009, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Mountain View, CA
1,152 posts, read 2,846,224 times
Reputation: 1056
Friday was very busy, and exhausting, but fun! Helped a friend out with something in the morning, then helped some other friends move, then went to my best bud's house for a guy's night of mexican food and video games... got home after 1am.

Today is more laid back... may go do something with another friend of mine this evening. Otherwise, I'm about to go spend some time in the weight room, and then just chill out .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2009, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Arlington, VA and Washington, DC
23,585 posts, read 33,324,900 times
Reputation: 32219
Just got home from work, going to a co-workers' birthday party on Ft belvoir later.

Tomorrow chruch, cleaning, and maybe packing to go to Hampton Roads for the week of my 21st birthday (June 9). One milestone i dont want to have happen in Northern VA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2009, 11:41 AM
 
2,728 posts, read 7,352,108 times
Reputation: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
More than that if she's empty....it takes almost 2 months of driving school bus to fill her up ONCE! LOL

She's a classic 57 foot Chris*Craft Constellation built in 1966 of mahogany and teak....LOTS of work to keep her in Bristol condition.

Her twin 8V-71TI Detroit Diesels "like" fuel...to put it mildly! (Then there's the pair of generator sets (15 & 7.5 KW) that would power the average house sucking that diesel too). Running the gensets is optional, only needed if you want to run the radar, A/C, or oven (and stay out of the fridge!).

Oops, wife's yelling c'mon....have a great weekend everybody!
That's so cool. but your wallet's on fire just thinking about it haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2009, 05:12 AM
 
Location: Brambleton, VA
2,136 posts, read 4,637,314 times
Reputation: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpascal View Post
Going to see Rent this afternoon, my cousin's in it.
It was great! So much better than the other times I've seen it (without Adam and Anthony Rapp).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2009, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Home is where the heart is
15,400 posts, read 25,789,718 times
Reputation: 18989
Hey, that reminds me--has anyone been to Ford's Theater since they remodeled it? That's on my list of things I want to do (if the chairs are finally comfortable, LOL!) If you've been, what did you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2009, 07:48 AM
 
Location: Fairfax County
1,534 posts, read 3,317,220 times
Reputation: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Hey, that reminds me--has anyone been to Ford's Theater since they remodeled it? That's on my list of things I want to do (if the chairs are finally comfortable, LOL!) If you've been, what did you think?
Haven't been yet but I will be going when our Youth Tour is in town (mid-June).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:49 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top