U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:27 PM

123 posts, read 360,902 times

Advertisements

I am new to the gainesville area and noticed that St Paul's school in Haymarket offers a Kindergarten program. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on this program or school.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 11:53 PM

6 posts, read 20,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBIGstep View Post
I am new to the gainesville area and noticed that St Paul's school in Haymarket offers a Kindergarten program. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on this program or school.
Thanks!
Oh Yeah, anyone who has been around the last ten years knows of St,Paul's phenomenal reputation of producing great readers. Kindergarten kids can read at second and third grade level. Their first graders read at third to fifth grade levels. You can contact me and I can put you in touch with my sister-in-law who had a great experience there.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:09 PM

3 posts, read 8,576 times
Default St. Paul's School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Delaney View Post
Oh Yeah, anyone who has been around the last ten years knows of St,Paul's phenomenal reputation of producing great readers. Kindergarten kids can read at second and third grade level. Their first graders read at third to fifth grade levels. You can contact me and I can put you in touch with my sister-in-law who had a great experience there.
Jenny you are right. It is amazing how a child can enter the preschool with little more than alphabet knowledge and become a reader in seemingly not time at all. We are so fortunate to have our grandchild in that school.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:04 PM

10 posts, read 26,284 times
I am hearing many favorable comments on St. Paul's Preschool. What does anyone know about their first grade? I need to get my child out of public school. He is in the gifted and talented program but unfortunately is only challenged for one hour a day. He has 26 other kids in his class so obviously he is not getting any special attention.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:08 PM

10 posts, read 26,284 times
Default St. Paul's School First Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Delaney View Post
Jenny, I just now read your comment about first graders reading at third to fifth grade level. Thank you. I would like to know more about their math instruction.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:59 PM

2 posts, read 5,272 times
Default St. Paul's School in Haymarket 1st grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Landsford View Post
I am hearing many favorable comments on St. Paul's Preschool. What does anyone know about their first grade? I need to get my child out of public school. He is in the gifted and talented program but unfortunately is only challenged for one hour a day. He has 26 other kids in his class so obviously he is not getting any special attention.
I hear the first and second grade content is accelerated as a direct result of a low teacher/student ratio. My neighbor brags about how great her daughter is doing in first grade at St. Paul's School. We have a third grader and we are seriously considering putting her in St. Paul's fourth grade fall 2010. We hear only great things about this school. Good luck!

Old 01-22-2010, 07:50 PM

6 posts, read 14,503 times
Thumbs up St. Paul's School

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSacramento View Post
I hear the first and second grade content is accelerated as a direct result of a low teacher/student ratio. My neighbor brags about how great her daughter is doing in first grade at St. Paul's School. We have a third grader and we are seriously considering putting her in St. Paul's fourth grade fall 2010. We hear only great things about this school. Good luck!
We are new to the area but we had heard of St. Paul's School before moving here. My neighbor has tried to get into St. Paul's in the past and was waitlisted, but we both ahve 2-yr olds and heard about their 2-year old program. We got in and now we both get to register first for the Fall. What a coup! She also gets to register her 2nd grader before others only because she has a 2-year old in the program and current families register first! Hope this info helps all those who are trying to get into St. Paul's.
Good luck.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:53 PM

4 posts, read 10,590 times
Default St. Paul's School

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBIGstep View Post
Thanks!
Everything we hear is very good. We are hoping to get our daughter into the 2nd grade program. If we get in, will post our experience.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:57 PM

4 posts, read 10,590 times
Default St. Paul's School - 2nd Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSacramento View Post
Thanks for the information! We are trying to get our daughter into the 2nd grade class at St. Paul's. Four months into the GT progam at her elementary school and we are not happy. The low teacher/student ratio sounds great. We looked at Linton Hall, but the teacher/student ratio is as high as it is in public school.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:47 PM

10 posts, read 19,751 times
We heard about their kindergarten program too. We called last week and learned it was full. We are not sure whether to get on their waiting list or go ahead with public school. We are anxious as we have not heard a lot of good about the public school near our new home in Haymarket. Anyone else know of other Christian or private kindergarten programs? We learned that there is room for our daughter in their threes program, but we would prefer both of our girls in the same school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia