Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 02:10 PM

13 posts, read 22,618 times

Advertisements

At least a daycare that accepts infants, pharmacy and dry cleaner would help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 06:53 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,128,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokko View Post
At least a daycare that accepts infants, pharmacy and dry cleaner would help

Don't live there if it is important to have those things nearby.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:02 PM

60 posts, read 164,758 times
You can do much better than Lucketts. Unless you are into gas stations and fruit stands, then you may love it. Leesburg is the logical choice if you need to do serious shopping. It even has an outlet mall. For older historic houses, some suggestions were made. Look at Hillsboro.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:10 AM

367 posts, read 884,774 times
We looked at most of these areas before we bought but I would never consider lucketts or lovettsville, any commute on RT 15 would just plain suck and lovettsville isn't any better since the setup is the same a two lane highway so once you battled RT 7 traffic you would then exit off onto a 2-lane road to battle with people trying to get home in WV and lovettsville. I did consider Round Hill and Purcellville but I value my time with my family too muich to add 30 mintues to my commute for the same cookie cutter I can get in Leesburg. They weren't even offering a larger (.25) or anything. Like PP said its like someone dumped a huge neighborhood in the middle of a field! I stayed in Leesburg for convience. One of these days I'll get that low country way of life but by then I'm sure I will miss the hustle and bustle of this crazy area. Ironic huh?

Old 10-08-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmv101010 View Post
Like PP said its like someone dumped a huge neighborhood in the middle of a field!
Exactly! And it's not like there has been promises of commerical development that never happened. It's a neighborhood in a field. Which leaves me scratiching my head as to why someone would move there if nearby commercial conveniences were important.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:44 AM

In June 2006, residents in and around the village were invited to a public hearing by a group of four landowners in Lucketts. They proposed a residential and commercial development that included the village of Lucketts and land west of Lucketts on Stumptown Road. The concept included townhomes, single family homes, retail stores like a coffee shop, and a private Christian school. However, many long-term residents do not favor this proposal.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
In June 2006, residents in and around the village were invited to a public hearing by a group of four landowners in Lucketts. They proposed a residential and commercial development that included the village of Lucketts and land west of Lucketts on Stumptown Road. The concept included townhomes, single family homes, retail stores like a coffee shop, and a private Christian school. However, many long-term residents do not favor this proposal.
So you just cut and pasted directly from an unverified and un-cited Wikipedia statement? We all know how completely accurate that can be.

Lucketts is located in an Agricultural and Forestal District which means, without the county removing that designation, there are strict guidelines to minimum acerage of properties; which limits growth and commercial development. Just because some landowners asked the village members to come to a meeting to se what they were proposing does not mean there was any chance of it ever happening.

The below document shows how the Board (in 2006) was unwilling to divide up one property into 4, so the owner could have separate properties for her own children. I can't imagine there was even an iota of support to remove properties for commercial development.

http://www.loudoun.gov/documents/11/...1516417063.pdf

http://www.loudoun.gov/documents/433...1235363145.pdf

Old 10-17-2013, 10:05 AM

Wow...thanks for the info. By the way, Beazer is still building SFHs in Village Green.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:45 PM

148 posts, read 296,791 times
Quote:
Wow...thanks for the info. By the way, Beazer is still building SFHs in Village Green.
They have been for seven years already and aren't close to done. There are tons of lots still available. It is a beautiful neighborhood, too bad the construction quality doesn't match the pricing. There are some houses on the market in that community right now and they are having a difficult time selling for what the prices they built them for.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:26 PM

You are correct but I believe Village Green is the only community near Leesburg that you can find a SFH under 500k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia