Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:25 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times

Advertisements

However, it's not in DC - it's in Arlington, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
Yeah, and that same link clarifies that it's in DC. Because it's not the only national airport in the country, or in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 05:25 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
However, it's not in DC - it's in Arlington, LOL
True So "Washington National" isn't accurate either.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:05 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
That's just a gripe of mine, as well as "them" saying the Pentagon is in DC (especially after 9/11).

Old 07-22-2009, 06:46 PM

573 posts, read 2,505,828 times
23098236 pages later and I still don't get the point of this thread. We all get it; half call it Reagan & half call it National. The world's not gonna end either way and everyone else knows what everyone is talking about.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs1357 View Post
23098236 pages later and I still don't get the point of this thread. We all get it; half call it Reagan & half call it National. The world's not gonna end either way and everyone else knows what everyone is talking about.
The argument isn't about a name. It's about the worth of the person it is named after.

Though I'm sure most people wouldn't admit that.

It's an insult to Reagan to drop him from the name, which is exactly why certain people do it. It's passive-aggressive politicking.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:45 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
The argument isn't about a name. It's about the worth of the person it is named after.

It's an insult to Reagan to drop him from the name, which is exactly why certain people do it. It's passive-aggressive politicking.
Yes, but Virginia, politically-speaking, is a passive-aggressive state, no? The rest of the state thinks NoVA is full of foaming-at-the-mouth liberals, and a lot of these liberals think the rest of the state is replete with unenlightened rednecks. There's a huge urban/rural political dichotomy here.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Yes, but Virginia, politically-speaking, is a passive-aggressive state, no? The rest of the state thinks NoVA is full of foaming-at-the-mouth liberals, and a lot of these liberals think the rest of the state is replete with unenlightened rednecks. There's a huge urban/rural political dichotomy here.
Well, I'm in NoVA, more liberal than conservative, and I'm a fan of Reagan, so...

Also, none of the crazy republicans I know live in VA. They're all in DC (and PA).

Old 07-22-2009, 11:12 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,952,224 times
Quote:

So it would appear, based on this thread.

Not to worry, soon everything will be renamed for Obama. There's already an elementary school named for him.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:41 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
So it would appear, based on this thread.

Not to worry, soon everything will be renamed for Obama. There's already an elementary school named for him.
There's already a school named for a sitting POTUS? Yikes, talk about a jinx.

Even though I like our current president, people really should wait until a president's completed both terms before naming new buildings. And president names should go on new buildings only, IMO. Renaming established structures or cities makes me uncomfortable, it's the sort of thing I expect dictators do. That's why I never called Cape Canaveral "Cape Kennedy."

Old 07-23-2009, 07:43 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:

It's an insult to Reagan that they forced this name onto those who didn't want it. Not only that, Reagan would not have approved it. Remember, "...Government is the problem." I'll say it again. I loved Reagan. IMO, he was one of our greater Presidents. However, the way this was done was counter to what made him great. Sure, it's done and we have to accept it, but I consider this "honor" a dishonor to the memory of a great man. Get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia