U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-21-2009, 06:33 PM

487 posts, read 729,183 times

Advertisements

Furniture shopping in DC (nova)

Im looking for a furniture store that sells good quality Show samples.

The kind of place that has one of a kind Show Samples, Seconds, un-claimed orders, and closeouts.
Where what they have on the floor, is whatís available. You canít order it but you can take it with you.
Where you need to check back often because there is new stuff available.
Is there anyplace like this in the DC area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 08:52 AM

Bump.
Last time I bought furnature (another state) there was this great store. They would buy up all the manufacturer samples from the national furnature shows. One of a kind prototype furnature pieces. top quality. What I liked about it was you could browse thru the showroom, find something you like, sit on it for a while to see how comfortable it was, then but it at very reasonable prices, and take it home that day.
It was great. The furnature was all top quality and stylish. the prices were well below standard retail pricing for similar pieces.
Ant you got instant gratification by getting furnature today!
Isn't there any place like that in the DC area?

Old 07-22-2009, 09:55 AM

27 posts, read 50,915 times
Since you obviously don't mind previously sat in furniture and want cash and carry, why not check out garage/moving sales? Seriously- this is a densely military populated, transient area, and there are plenty of high quality, like-new treasures to be found out there (particularly in the affluent areas of Ffx Co.)

The only place we've bought furniture locally is Powell's in Fredericksburg. Yeah, it's a bit of a drive south, but it's worth it imo. Great selection, great service, top quality, very reasonably priced. No instant gratification though...delivery is typically a week after purchase.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:18 AM

3,398 posts, read 3,061,398 times
I know there's an aaron's furniture in chantilly that sells all their used furniture after they've been rented out.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:23 PM

4,619 posts, read 3,854,595 times
Greenfront in Sterling.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:30 PM

Thanks I will check out greenfront this weekend.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:18 PM

3,166 posts, read 4,279,133 times
Try Stanis Today, used to be Two Day furniture. Huge warehouse, lots of furniture you can carry away.

Selection

Old 07-22-2009, 10:28 PM

2,544 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
Try Stanis Today, used to be Two Day furniture. Huge warehouse, lots of furniture you can carry away.

Selection (http://www.stanistoday.com/Selection.html - broken link)

I like that granite table

Old 07-23-2009, 12:10 AM

172 posts, read 313,841 times
Is it worth a visit down to NC where many of the manufacturers are based? I know you can get some great deals. I've had a few pieces from Boyles Distinctive Furniture shipped to my home in TX & still paid less than I would have if I purchased locally. Here's the link to Boyles - you can find just about anything there - just do your homework on pricing to make certain you're getting a good deal. Discount Furniture Stores North Carolina Furniture Outlet Shopping Online

Old 08-02-2009, 09:05 AM

26 posts, read 98,764 times
Powells in F'burg is a good place... they also carry many brands that are not on the floor, plus they have some brands made in the USA (yes! they still exist!). Helpful sales people but not overbearing.

You might look at Belfort out on 28, just to get ideas, and then shop around for prices. My husband and I picked up our Pennsylvania House dining room set there for a steal a few years ago, in their clearance center. It had been delivered, and then refused, etc. We got it for 40% off of the original price.

If you are going to NC to furniture shop, suggest Furnitureland South - they have a fantastic clearance center. The main store - prices not as good, but ok. Also there is a Thomasville sample/floor model store down there and we got a few nice pieces for our family room. They will also deliver, it was well worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia