Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 08:15 PM

30 posts, read 119,723 times

Advertisements

Moved here recently...my health insurance is crap while I'm looking for work, but I need to find local health professionals to replace the much-loved people I found back in Indiana.

More specifically, I'm looking for a dentist, an internist or general physician, and a gynecologist.

I particularly need a dentist who, along with their hygienists, are nice about people with poor oral health. I also need a GP who doesn't have a problem with continuing the prescriptions I'm currently on. I have never (and I mean never - my doctor in Indiana has been taking care of me since I was two years old) switched doctors, so I don't know if this is an issue or not.

All I really want out of a gyno is someone who's male.

Thanks for any recommendations that come my way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 08:20 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,599,914 times
For the dentist, I am very happy with Drs. Spagna & Kunaish in Falls Church. Everyone there is friendly and it's a very professional shop.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:11 PM

696 posts, read 1,694,501 times
OB/GYN - Dr. Scott Forrest - Welcome to the Online Office of Drs. Allen and Forrest!

Old 11-20-2009, 10:40 AM

309 posts, read 828,427 times
Not sure where you live, but I had waited entirely to long to go to the dentist and cannot stand doctors that think berating people is an excellent way to keep patients. This, along with my overall dental "fears" led me to the most wonderful practice in Haymarket - Greenhill Denistry. Dr. Olsen and everyone that works there is truly wonderful. I actually look forward to going to the dentist these days.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:20 PM

30 posts, read 119,723 times
Thanks.

It'd be nice if there was a sticky with one post that actually organizes everything so it's easier to find.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:32 PM

8 posts, read 16,808 times
Default My Top Picks for Drs. for you

I've been in this area 20 years, and have tried many doctors until I found some wonderful ones. Dr. Laraine Field is an MD in Alexandria, and she's the best.
Dr. Scott McQuiston (703) 354-0111 in Alexadria is a fantastic, friendly, sweet guy who never yells at patients and accepts any PPO insurance.
Dr. Mary Bush (I know, I know!) in Alexandria, is a really good OB/GYN. I don't go to male OBs because I've had one too many pelvics that hurt like hell for no reason. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia