Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 12:17 PM

49 posts, read 127,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromReston View Post
You will really like the neighborhood! They have a great pool - I swim there every morning.
Cool. Any other tips about the neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 12:39 PM

2,090 posts, read 4,247,129 times
Good eats at reasonable prices at Cafesano
Cafesano – Italian & Mediterranean Cuisine Restaurant, Reston, VA

Chinese food is good at Mama Wok just north of the Toll Road
Welcome to Mama Wok

I don't like Lakeside Inn or Lakeside Asia Cafe in South Lakes Shopping Center.

The running shoe store has great service and employees who really know what they are doing.
Footsteps - Running Shoe Store

Unless you have lots of time to talk don't get in Bob's line at the Safeway - even if it looks much shorter than the rest of the lines.

Great unofficial fire works on the lake Thoreau for the 4th of July.

Nice walking trials in the Walker Nature Center on both sides of Glade. Kids really like to play in the water in Snake Den Branch just up stream of the lake Audubon. Make sure you get a trail map of Reston to take with you when you first start venturing out. I think I got mine from the Reston Association office.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:00 PM

49 posts, read 127,085 times
I actually work in an office complex that's pretty close to the house, so I know most of these places, at least the more casual ones. I've only been to Lakeside once but didn't eat anything and have never been to Mama Wok. I've been to Lakeside Asia Cafe once and thought it was just ok. I still haven't been to the greek place around here, which we'll need to since my father-in-law is greek, but anyway we probably won't be doing a whole lot of eating out for a while given our finances are being stretched to the limit with this purchase! Maybe though I can take out a second job at one of these places, lol! I'll have to run by the Reston Assocation office at some point soon and see if they have some kind of new residence packet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromReston View Post
Good eats at reasonable prices at Cafesano
Cafesano – Italian & Mediterranean Cuisine Restaurant, Reston, VA

Chinese food is good at Mama Wok just north of the Toll Road
Welcome to Mama Wok

I don't like Lakeside Inn or Lakeside Asia Cafe in South Lakes Shopping Center.

The running shoe store has great service and employees who really know what they are doing.
Footsteps - Running Shoe Store

Unless you have lots of time to talk don't get in Bob's line at the Safeway - even if it looks much shorter than the rest of the lines.

Great unofficial fire works on the lake Thoreau for the 4th of July.

Nice walking trials in the Walker Nature Center on both sides of Glade. Kids really like to play in the water in Snake Den Branch just up stream of the lake Audubon. Make sure you get a trail map of Reston to take with you when you first start venturing out. I think I got mine from the Reston Association office.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:25 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,951,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
Well, just found out our bid for the place was accepted, so I guess for better or for worse, Reston here we come!
Congratulations! Just make sure you save enough money for private schools. You'll have lots of options and lots of other families to carpool with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia