U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:19 AM

186 posts, read 281,719 times
Why do they change schools so often? Is the area transient?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 09:50 AM

1,167 posts, read 3,498,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy4kids View Post
Why do they change schools so often? Is the area transient?
Hmm I can take a stab a this one. New neighborhoods = new schools = school boundaries being redrawn

Old 05-09-2007, 10:46 AM

186 posts, read 281,719 times
Default new schools around Gainesville

Let me guess. Everyone wants their children in the brand new schools. One of my fears is that we'll live down the street from a school that is full and our children will have to be bused somewhere. Is this happening to any of you out there in the Gainesville, Warrenton, and/or Haymarket areas?

Old 05-09-2007, 11:10 AM

1,167 posts, read 3,498,902 times
Quote:
Let me guess. Everyone wants their children in the brand new schools. One of my fears is that we'll live down the street from a school that is full and our children will have to be bused somewhere. Is this happening to any of you out there in the Gainesville, Warrenton, and/or Haymarket areas?
I don't think that's the case... schools being full.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,037 times
There has been a large influx of new residents into the Haymarket area... Prince William County has been trying to keep up, building new schools to meet the demand for local schools... the problem is that the demand is growing faster than the counties building program. Most students will be in the school closest to their house.
My daughter is a 3rd grade teacher at one of the newer elementary schools. This new school is currently increasing staff and space (using temporary trailers) to accommodate almost twice the number of students the school was designed to handle. Although there are more schools planned, the population growth in this previously rural area has caused the school system to be in a reactive mode.
My wife & I just purchased a home in the area... we are moving back NOVA after living in upstate NY and Southern NJ. We decided to avoid the high HOA fees opting for a smaller town home community. This is a buyer's market, many homes are available all over the area.

Last edited by MrDan; 08-17-2007 at 03:43 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-17-2007, 10:13 AM

352 posts, read 1,062,593 times
Quote:
Thanks. If we decide not to build perhaps we'll meet you one day. My husband will be working in Gainesville.
My only caveat would be that if your husband decides to take another job elsewhere in the Metro DC area, then Haymarket isn't the most commuter-friendly place here. You should find good schools, though.

Welcome, in advance, to Prince William County!

Brian

Old 04-14-2008, 07:55 AM

5 posts, read 14,138 times
Default Commute from Lake Manassas

We are relocating and love Lake Manassas but the question is the COMMUTE....How long is the commute from lake manassas to the Vienna Metro or the VRE. Which is quicker?
Thanks

Old 04-14-2008, 12:56 PM

2,520 posts, read 4,836,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookeMadison View Post
We are relocating and love Lake Manassas but the question is the COMMUTE....How long is the commute from lake manassas to the Vienna Metro or the VRE. Which is quicker?
Thanks
Lake Manassas -> Vienna Metro = At least 1 hour for starters, then good luck finding parking because it gets full quick. Parking is $3.75 i think.

Lake Manassas -> VRE = 20 minutes, with free parking.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:05 PM

1,094 posts, read 1,638,466 times
We live near lake Manassas and I was commuting to Falls Church for awhile. 70 minutes. It gets old quick.

Now I work in Chantilly. ~30 minute commute. Much better.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:06 AM

5 posts, read 14,138 times
VRE332 and DvlsAdvc8 thank you very much for your response!
The times you quoted...are those rush hour or pre rush hr...what time does it start to get busy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia