U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2009, 11:14 AM

88 posts, read 271,902 times

Advertisements

I was thinking with my plan "See My Plan thread" I would be quite useful in a plastic surgeons office. Please provide any and all information possible on practices in the NOVA DC area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 02:54 PM

2,688 posts, read 5,947,987 times
Why don't you just start applying?

Old 09-20-2009, 08:58 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,115,392 times
Do you know how common it is for someone in your field to work for Plastic Surgeon?

Old 09-21-2009, 01:46 PM

Denton56 what is with you and all the negativity? Why is it whenever someone has a question on how to reach a dream you come along and state that it can't be done. On another thread a single mother was trying to relocate and instead of telling her get a second job, wait and save more money or anything else you continued to point out to her the issues of being a single parent doing what she's trying to do. I can clearly see that you're not a single parent so I will explain to you that not all of us fit into that sterotype. The good parents who have to do this alone will never put their child in a situation that is not clearly planned and able to be executed with several back up plans. She was not only a single mother she was a recent college graduate. Now if she was sitting around making babies and content working at 7-11 it seems to me that you would be the first person turning your nose up at her. She was asking for help the same way I am now and you again are trying to rain on people's dreams. Is it because we're single parents? Is it because I have a common dream? Is it because you choose not to follow your own dreams? I thought CD was a place to go for advice. Today I'm seeing nothing but opinions and judgement. If I'm wrong about this please someone let me know.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:21 PM

2,688 posts, read 5,947,987 times
VAVA804, I hope you think I wasn't intending to be helpful. It's just that in this economy the important thing is, who is actually hiring? So that's why I said to you, and to some other posters who have asked the same question, including I think the other single mother, the key thing is to start applying because in the current environment there may not be much to pick and choose from. Continue to do your research, so that if an interview or offer materializes you'll have some idea whether it's feasible to accept, but the best planning on whether to move is moot if there are not jobs available. Good luck to you, and your child.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:00 PM

Yankeesfan thank you. I did not mean to include you in my rant. I do apprechiate your advice. It's just today I asked for advice in the employment thread and was responded to with sarcastic remarks. Then I came here to this. Actually to be fair Denton56 did give me some good advice in another thread but I mean really...

To address the topic at hand; I was confused as to rather I should start appling now or wait until I'm further along in the program. Another thing I was planning to do is apply for any surgical tech position for experience and as time past applying to some cosmetic surgeon's practices.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:13 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,115,392 times
Sorry, I had NO idea if plastic surgeons hired people in your field. It was a simple question. Pardon my ignorance.

My opinion is that Dads are very important to families and everything works better when children have them in their homes. Pretty simple. Easier for Moms, and better for kids, to have a Dad in the home. You may be the best mother who ever lived, but your child still doesn't have a Dad. You can't be both a mom and a dad. So shoot me, I think it's better for kids to have their father in their home and their parents to be in a committed relationship.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:31 AM

280 posts, read 910,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
My opinion is that Dads are very important to families and everything works better when children have them in their homes. Pretty simple. Easier for Moms, and better for kids, to have a Dad in the home. You may be the best mother who ever lived, but your child still doesn't have a Dad. You can't be both a mom and a dad. So shoot me, I think it's better for kids to have their father in their home and their parents to be in a committed relationship.
Wish it were so simple . . .
Not that this has much to do with plastic surgery, but clearly this depends on the dad. Ideally all dads should enhance families, in reality some dads do, others do not and it can take a lot of strength to realize this, protect your kids, and go it on your own. Still other dads die early and tragically. Some dads walk out on their families. Without knowing the OP I would not judge her situation simply because she isn't married.

ETA--all of the above applies to moms too.

Last edited by novahousehunter; 09-22-2009 at 06:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia