U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 03:29 PM

246 posts, read 749,461 times
Default Parking at Pentagon City Mall

Anyone know of place to park so you don't have to pay. I find it rediculous that you have to pay for parking at a mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 03:32 PM

5,668 posts, read 5,468,363 times
I thought you only had to pay during the week and that it was either free or really dirt cheap on the weekends.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:48 PM

14,814 posts, read 16,877,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zotmeister View Post
Anyone know of place to park so you don't have to pay. I find it rediculous that you have to pay for parking at a mall.
Sorry, you have to pay. I work in Ballston and I pay $77 a month to park across the street from my job.

Think it's bad in Arlington? A quarter only buys you 7 minutes of parking in DC near F St.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:03 PM

715 posts, read 1,341,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I thought you only had to pay during the week and that it was either free or really dirt cheap on the weekends.
Times have changed, they charge you around the clock, but the cost is "nominal" though. I think I was there for 2 hrs. and paid $1.

There is parking across the street that's free, but one must cross a busy street.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:15 PM

5,361 posts, read 8,817,872 times
If you buy something at Macy's - go to Gift Wrap and they give you a parking pass, I believe it's for 2 hrs. free.

You can also take Metro from wherever right to Pentagon City.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:42 PM

715 posts, read 1,341,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
If you buy something at Macy's - go to Gift Wrap and they give you a parking pass, I believe it's for 2 hrs. free.

You can also take Metro from wherever right to Pentagon City.
LOL! During Labor Day weekend, metro shut down the station at Pentagon City.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:50 PM

2,666 posts, read 3,980,648 times
They charge so that the lot doesn't fill up with Metro commuters, leaving no room for shoppers.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:45 AM

518 posts, read 836,391 times
The Pentagon Row area of shops (behind the mall parking garage) I believe offers one free hour of parking... just press the green button on the meter. You can then walk to the Fashion Center via a pathway through the garage to the food court.

Last edited by irvine; 09-27-2009 at 12:56 AM..

Old 09-27-2009, 06:06 AM

601 posts, read 917,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan View Post
They charge so that the lot doesn't fill up with Metro commuters, leaving no room for shoppers.
I can understand that, but why don't ALL the stores validate parking, like Macy's? A few months ago, we wanted to eat at Johnny Rocket's, and saw there was one there. After lunch, we asked our waiter to validate our parking, and he said they couldn't there. The only stores that could validate were Macy's and Nordstrom! I thought that was ridiculous.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:12 AM

5,668 posts, read 5,468,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereinVA View Post
I can understand that, but why don't ALL the stores validate parking, like Macy's? A few months ago, we wanted to eat at Johnny Rocket's, and saw there was one there. After lunch, we asked our waiter to validate our parking, and he said they couldn't there. The only stores that could validate were Macy's and Nordstrom! I thought that was ridiculous.
I totally agree with you there. It's ridiculous.

All the other places I go to that have paid garages have some sort of validation process. In Crystal City, most of the restaurants will give you 2 hours of free parking if you are there for lunch M-F. Otherwise, it is a very expensive lunch.

A gazillion years ago when I used to work in Northwest DC, I often drove over to Mazza Gallerie to shop or have lunch. The garage would take a receipt from any of the merchants there and take off a certain amount for parking based on what you spent. So if you went in and spent $2.00 for a coffee, you weren't going to get as much taken off the bill as if you had spent $50 on a piece of clothing. The stores didn't get involved with validation and the parking office handled that. I don't think that's too bad of an idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia