Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 09:25 AM

26 posts, read 60,360 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I was thinking of buying a house (new construction) in the Stafford Lakes Community as the homes seems really nice. It is off of route 17. How is the South Stafford area? How are the public schools in that area?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,211 times
stafford lakes is pretty nice;. south stafford as a whole is nice but it has some rough areas.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:11 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,994,442 times
Rt. 17 can be a bear during rush hour......it's a main truck artery and coming south from Stafford Lakes to I-95 can be horrible.

We live in S. Stafford, in the Ferry Farm area....very easy access to almost everything, without having to get too caught up in traffic everytime you leave home!

Stafford's schools are pretty good, especially in the south end of the county. Even tho' more and more "new folks" are moving in, it's still a fairly tight-knit community and folks know each other, so kid's will find they can't "get away" with as much as they can when folks don't know their neighbors!

Old 01-12-2011, 03:08 PM

707 posts, read 1,408,017 times
That area is up and coming , I live a little further north than you, I have lived in Stafford for 14 years now and boy has it changed. There's a new Walmart that just opened up around a year now and some new shopping centers that are struggling. Like someone said traffic can be a bear at morning and evening rush hour.Lots of truckers that like to speed on 17 so be careful.

Schools are good I have no complaints but they do have their issues like anywhere else. Not all schools are equal so I suggest you do your due diligence and get as much info as you can. Just know going in that there isn't alot to do as far as shopping and restaurants go. For better choices as far as restaurants, shopping, and movies go you will find yourself going to Fredericksburg for better choices its just a ten minute drive south. Good Luck!

Old 01-14-2011, 05:49 PM

389 posts, read 1,229,936 times
I have some pics of that area in the photo tour
Stafford Photo Tour Under Construction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia