Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 08:34 AM

11 posts, read 55,743 times

Advertisements

ha-ha...no, but it sure sounds that way though, doesn't it? I'm just having a little fun.

I just got fed up with the Realtors (vultures) who told me that Fairfax County was such a sure bet, Kingstowne in particular.

Schools in that area (Kingstowne) are no better than the PWC schools. They are both just "fine" in my opinion.

The "best" FCPS are in the far west of the county, McLean, Chantilly, etc...somehow, those few high schools and that area of the county has shaped the view that ALL FCPS were/are "top notch" in the nation.

The reality is that FCPS schools overall and PWC schools overall are pretty decent, especially when compared to most of the country. But just living anywhere in FC does not guarantee your child will go to the best school in the USA.

anyways, I also think that Kingstowne is overrated, overcrowded and old. my opinion, I am sure most people that live in Kingstowne think it is super great....whatever...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 07:10 AM

1,848 posts, read 3,727,068 times
Default Wegmans on Beluah???

I live in Kingstowne but not really in the mood to defend it against someone who doesn't, except for the fact that this is one of the largest housing areas that is somewhat regulated with a HOA (however evil those can be) it has prevented what is happening in other parts of FC, where the house next door is occupied by 20 people. OK maybe not Tysons etc...but lets be real. You know exactly what you are going to get when you move here. And the comment about being old. There are lots of newer areas on Van Dorn, I do find those to be sort of ugly, as there aren't trees etc. I actually live on one of the original streets, and it is in great shape, every one of the houses is well maintained. Having lived in an area where there was no zoning I embrace this.

BUT on a more important note...Wegmans on Beluah and Telegraph??? Which corner???

Old 07-11-2008, 10:52 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,683,672 times
If I recall correctly, the entrance will be across from the entrance to the Landsdowne neighborhood on Beulah. (There will be a traffic light installed there.)

Old 07-11-2008, 07:00 PM

754 posts, read 1,739,337 times
Am I the only person that do not mind the convenience of strip malls? lol

Old 07-13-2008, 08:21 PM

142 posts, read 567,516 times
Woah woah woah! Wegmans near us? Is this part of the development proposal for the current baseball field near Hilltop?

Old 07-14-2008, 07:23 AM

As a huge Wegmans fan, I was excited to hear this, but going on to their site the only new store going in is in Manassas. I was there yesterday, and asked someone, of course is was just the lady making ice cream Sundae's, but she was spouting all these facts about Wegmans, sort of Pr and thought she might know, she only knew about the one in Manassas. I find it hard to believe they would put 4 stores within 25 miles of each other. But who knows...

Old 07-14-2008, 02:02 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,683,672 times
Adctvmonkey, yes, it's part of that development. I think it will be the first part to open. And slduvall, it's supposed to be semi-secret -- it's public knowledge that there will be an "upscale grocery store" there, but no one is supposed to "officially" confirm that it's Wegman's. But the word is out. (What does anyone expect in these days of the internet?)

Old 07-14-2008, 07:07 PM

7 posts, read 19,522 times
Default Wegman's in Kingstowne

I was speaking with a friend this morning. He is a businessman in the Kinstowne area and is involved in businesses along the Route 1 corridor. He told me that Wegmans is indeed going to build at Beulah and Telegraph. Also, the Old MIll Road extention was approved which will open a 4 lane road between Telegraph and Route 1. At telegraph it will start somewhere between the golf course and Hayfield and on Route 1 will be at Old Mill Road leading to Mount Vernon. This opens up a lot of access!

Old 07-15-2008, 09:42 AM

There goes my 5 minute commute to work. I'm in the US Army Corp offices on Telegraph, between Hayfield and the Golf Course! Of course Wegmans is a welcome addition!

Old 07-15-2008, 06:46 PM

798 posts, read 2,728,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slduvall View Post
There goes my 5 minute commute to work. I'm in the US Army Corp offices on Telegraph, between Hayfield and the Golf Course! Of course Wegmans is a welcome addition!
Wegmans is a very welcome addition!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia