U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 07:09 AM

4,037 posts, read 8,067,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Congratulations, and hope this is a great omen for the new year! Living near your work is a very good thing, IMO.
Thanks! Now let's hope my boss doesn't greet me next Monday with: "Guess what? We're moving the office to Herndon!" I'm telling ya Murphy's Law is fixin to rear its ugly head. Joke. I'm pleased and feel optimistic about 2010.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 07:42 AM

7,967 posts, read 18,056,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
Update: So I found a spot in Arlington. Well we'll see they're still doing renovations on the place and I'm not giving anybody any money until the renovations are through. But if everything goes well I'll be 3 minutes from work. It's actually $150 cheaper than the spot that I"m at now, add in the lower amount of gas I'm pumping into my SUV and there's a recipe for substational savings.

Of course there's a catch it's much smaller and honestly not as aesthetically pleasing as the spot in Oakton. But the owner agreed to let me use the shed for storage. I can't put my finger on it but I left with a good feeling about the people (and the cute dogs) despite the size of the house. The fact that the price is so low for Arlington was def a selling point.

One day I will indeed have my cake, eat it, and still have room for seconds. I'll have that brand new townhouse inside the beltway at a price I can afford. Not today though but looks like 2010 will get off to a good start. Thanks y'all.
Thanks for the update! I hope your prospective landlord follows through with their renovation plans. Congrats and best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia