U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-15-2012, 01:25 PM

194 posts, read 187,683 times

Advertisements

If the prices weren't so steep I would have bought there instead of cashburn. Pulte is a pretty good home builder.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 01:55 PM

200 posts, read 327,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
If the prices weren't so steep I would have bought there instead of cashburn. Pulte is a pretty good home builder.
I think that the price is steep too but it's just true for this area in general especially with a location like this one. Look at Pulte's project at Potomac Yards, it's similar model but $100K-$150K more expensive!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:50 AM

84 posts, read 111,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by av345 View Post
I move in early summer. I noticed most units have home alarm systems. Do you have any recommendations on which company to use? And about how much installation and monthly costs are?
I think pretty much everyone who has already moved in installed ADT Security. Basically, ADT operates through its authorized vendors. As a new homeowner, you should get at least one flyer or referral to ADT. When you contact them or they contact you, they will tell you how lucky you are to qualify for free equipment and installation, and you will feel special. But, in fact, they do it for pretty much everyone But anyway, you only pay one-time installation fee of 99 dollars and the montly rate is from ~$40 to $55 depending on which features you choose. You also get a $100 VISA reward card, but you have to mail a claim and send the proof of installation within 30 days. We've had them for over a month now and we are happy we chose to install the security system. It seems to be working.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:25 PM
oan

9 posts, read 16,560 times
Hmm..i have noticed a bunch of people with security systems. I myself don't think it's necessary...made me curious why so many people get it. Don't trust the area?

Old 03-19-2012, 10:21 AM

84 posts, read 111,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oan View Post
Hmm..i have noticed a bunch of people with security systems. I myself don't think it's necessary...made me curious why so many people get it. Don't trust the area?
Although the area is generally pretty safe in terms of physical security, thefts still do occur. Especially, considering MetroWest's proximity to metro. My rule of thumb is to always use precautionary measures no matter how safe you think your neighborhood is.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:51 AM

3 posts, read 3,889 times
thanks for the info! I also think it's a safe area but think it doesn't hurt to get an alarm system.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:56 PM

200 posts, read 327,480 times
I don't have one.. hmm.. maybe I will just find an ADT sign... =D

Old 03-28-2012, 06:50 PM

11 posts, read 18,718 times
Default Congrats!

Congratulations! We bought a Tyler in the second block that is going up now - amazing how quickly they've started to sell. Expecting to be able to move in mid-June and can't wait. We're lot 95, which are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTronn View Post
We ended up purchasing the Tyler yesterday! will be moving end of summer. Looking forward to Clark's project.

Clark Realty Capital - Project

Old 03-28-2012, 06:52 PM

Looking for future Tyler residents to get to know in advance of moving! Glad to find some here.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natthapol View Post
By the way, there is one thing I noticed recently. For the Blake, if you look at Pulte 's quick move-in home on their homepage, it is said that the unit is 1,706 sq-feet not 1,488 sq-feet. This is probably due to the fact that the unit advertised only has garage space for one car instead of two. The downstairs was converted to a rec room. (If you purchase a Blake, you have the option to either have a tandem garage for two cars or convert half of the garage to a rec room). The same is true for the model home and that's probably why it feel much more spacious than a 1,500 sq-feel townhome when you walk into the Blake model home.

I suspect that there might be parking problem in the future if most of the people opt for 1-car garage and park the other car outside, I am not sure how will MetroWest handle parking yet.
I've actually been pretty surprised to see a lot of the Blakes going up with two car garages. Looks strange from the front of the house to see their headlights shining out the front window!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia