U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-30-2012, 09:38 PM

5,626 posts, read 5,427,253 times
I would LOVE to see a Trader Joe's there. While there is one on Pickett, and it's only about 4 miles away, it's a heavily congested route, and can easily take 15 minutes to get there. At one point, there was rumor that a Trader Joe's might go in where That's Amore used to be (on Maple Avenue). But Fresh Market went into that location. I always thought Vienna could use a Trader Joe's. I lived about a mile north of the Metro, so there were two Trader Joe's about 5 miles from us (the one on Pickett and the one on Route 7 in Falls Church), but they each took me 15-20 minutes to get to because traffic is so bad. So instead, I went to Whole Foods a lot more often. I think Vienna could support a Trader Joe's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 07:19 AM

3 posts, read 2,812 times
Default Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTronn View Post
Congratulations to you too. We're lot 102. Yes its amazing how quickly they are selling. They started selling block 3 in the first week of March I think. I was still deciding between 109 and 105. I showed up 2-3 days later to get 109 and it was gone. I took another 2-3 days to decide between 105 and 102 and 105 was gone. I did not waste time after that to get 102. We are hoping to move in by Aug end.
Hello, I am also looking @ the Tyler Model. May I ask how much you paid for lot 102?

Thanks.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:54 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,004,690 times
Pulte Homes has a rather horrid reputation which has made me very hesitant about buying into this development. I hope those of you who purchased will relate your experiences with them.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:46 AM

100 posts, read 79,100 times
I think the entire region could support twice as many TJ's - the one on pickett in fairfax is jam packed every time i go with no where to park.

If one opened up near the metro with a large lot, I think it would get a ton of attention ... esp if it was easy enough to get to off 66

Old 04-09-2012, 07:55 AM

5 posts, read 7,360 times
I was a bit hesitant to buy there at first because of their reputation, but I have to say that my experience so far has been positive. We purchased a Tyler on the block that is going up right now and I feel that they are communicating well and have been fair with respect to the contract. This is one of their premier properties. The good thing is that it is in Fairfax County and I feel confident that the County is not going to let there be a problem in a premier neighborhood right on the metro. It is in everyone's best interest to keep things smooth. I was very open about my concerns with the salesman, but I feel that there is sufficient oversight throughout the process and so far, everything is on time. We are supposed to have our pre-drywall inspection at the end of the month so I think that will be telling, but I've talked to others in the neighborhood who have already moved in and they have all said that their experience has been positive and they are really happy there.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:54 AM

8,479 posts, read 5,462,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchanello View Post
I think the entire region could support twice as many TJ's - the one on pickett in fairfax is jam packed every time i go with no where to park.
really? Ive NEVER found there to be nowhere to park at that shopping center. You just can't expect a spot right near the TJ's, you have to walk a bit across the lot.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:38 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,359,628 times
The one on Route 7 gets packed on Saturdays and sunday mornings but most of the time has decent parking options. One thing I appreciate about Trader Joes is their conservative parking lots, they don't take up huge amounts of space to provide for Wal-Mart style parking and are really nice as neighborhood grocers so I definitely think a new one could do very well at Metro West and be just another reason why people would see the development as a great neighborhood.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:45 PM

200 posts, read 292,605 times
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to create a Facebook group for Metrowest resident?

Old 04-09-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New001 View Post
Hello, I am also looking @ the Tyler Model. May I ask how much you paid for lot 102?

Thanks.
Looks like the base price went up by 5000 for the last section, and increases by 1000 starting with lot 85.........78. And additional 14k on top of that for lot 78.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natthapol View Post
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to create a Facebook group for Metrowest resident?
That would be a great idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia