U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:36 PM

32 posts, read 73,463 times

Advertisements

We are new to the area, and living in a temporary apartrment in Herndon. Trips to visit family are out of the question due to being new in job. We're looking for a nice place to have Thanksgiving Dinner. Recommendations please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 07:55 PM

8,114 posts, read 12,684,219 times
One year we went to Graves Mountain Lodge in Syria. It was pretty good. I'm not sure how far you are willing to drive, but I am thinking it might be about 1.5 hours? It is a pretty drive. Are you thinking along those lines, or more of a restaurant?

Relax in the mountains of Virginia at Graves Mountain, rent cabins, motel rooms, Restaurant serves 3 meals a day

Old 11-24-2009, 06:08 AM

1,419 posts, read 3,019,194 times
depending on what you want, i just saw that the Beautiful South in Hamilton is having Thanksgiving Dinner for $22 and their food is quite good. It's a down home country place though, not fancy at all. If you're looking to come out to the country a little but not spent $100s+, it might be a nice option.

The Beautiful South Restaurant

Old 11-24-2009, 06:28 AM

32 posts, read 73,463 times
We are looking more for a restaurant, I will check out the Beautiful South when I am out. We would like someplace nice, but doesn't have to be "over the top" if you know what I mean.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:41 AM

1,419 posts, read 3,019,194 times
it's one of our favorite places, but again it will feel more like eating with your family than going out to a fancy place. The food is great...hopefully they'll have their pumpkin cheesecake = yummmmm!

Old 11-24-2009, 07:58 AM
k8p

141 posts, read 354,932 times
check out opentable.com. they have a list of restaurants offering Thanksgiving dinners in the DC/NOVA area.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:00 PM

3,315 posts, read 8,798,536 times
Default willow creek farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by That4car View Post
We are new to the area, and living in a temporary apartment in Herndon. Trips to visit family are out of the question due to being new in job. We're looking for a nice place to have Thanksgiving Dinner. Recommendations please.
You might like Willow Creek Farm, out at Broadlands past Sterling and accessible off of Rte 28. It is part of the Clydes Restaurant Group. What's different is that they purchased 4-5 historic buildings/farms and re-assembled them at this site. It's very cool inside, historic, with great artifacts. It's such a great atmosphere. The food is great, typically Clydes. They also have a nearby farm/garden center (not open to the public) where they grow alot of the fruits and vegetables served at this restaurant.

I am not sure what is planned for Thanksgiving though. You may want to contact them:

Clyde's Restaurant Group :: Restaurants:: Willow_Creek_Farm (http://www.clydes.com/main/RestaurantsDetail.cfm?Section=Main&Restaurant=Will ow_Creek_Farm&submit=Submit - broken link)

Happy eating!
(http://www.clydes.com/main/RestaurantsPictures.cfm?Restaurant=Willow_Creek_Fa rm&Section=Pictures&Picture=Willow_Creek_Farm_1 - broken link)

Old 11-25-2009, 02:05 PM

515 posts, read 1,508,804 times
Cafe Renaissance in Vienna is a wonderful place to have Thanksgiving. We have gone many times.

The Most Romantic Dinner in Fairfax, Exquisite French and Italian Faire.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:18 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,130,575 times
I love Cafe Renaisannce, it's my favorite restaurant in Vienna. They are so nice, the setting is lovely, and the food is great.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:46 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,823,369 times
Here are a few that are near you. The problem may be getting a last minute resservation, so if you can't get through on the phone I'd suggest trying your luck at Reston town center, where there are three that I know of that are definitely having special Thanksgiving dinners.

Clydes in Reston Town Center
McCormick & Schmick's in Reston Town Center
The restaurant in the hotel at Reston Town Center

Also, Mimis at Dulles Town Center is having Thanksgiving dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia