Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 08:29 PM

103 posts, read 170,867 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know a three letter defense contractor headquartered in reston? Its on tip of my tongue....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 10:46 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,948,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRider6 View Post
Okay, so I drew up a eviction notice for 30 days dated as of today with the possibility of extension, signed it, scanned it, and sent it to her for confirmation. I told her to sign ether the scanned version or the original at my place. I sent her the original email with attachments around 11 am this morning, with a quick follow up email few minutes later indicating she can either sign the scanned or the original, and then followed up again around 2 pm asking her to respond. She has yet to respond. I sent her a text around 11 am letting her know that I sent her an email. I sent her a text around 2 pm and 9 pm to please let me know if she received the email.

I only got one response from her around 2 pm through text saying she wasn't home yet. (she's supposed to be at her parent's for thanksgiving) Somehow, I find it hard to believe that she hasn't checked it.

Am I going overboard with this? I'm going to stop now and prob wait until this weekend. She said she'll be back on Sunday so I'm guessing at the latest we can talk that day. Should I wait until then? I'm thinking past this Sunday, I'll pay for a sheriff to serve her the notice.

Is sending a pdf of signed document through email same as serving a hard copy in person? I'm just not sure.

Tree, I realize its hard to imagine how messy she really is until you live with her. I can't believe somebody would live dirty pots and pans with dried up fish for days on end. She apparently has some kind of condition where she gets kidney stones every few years so she takes these pills on daily basis. (for some reason, she always leaves the cap of the pill bottle open so I close them)

I'm not even sure about her job security. She works for a defense contractor headquartered in Reston but works out of an Arlington office. I was an auditor before so I know what its like to telecommute sometimes and charge hours, but she lately has been staying home all day with her laptop. She's been staying home for days and complains that her bosses doesn't give her any work. She pretends to work from the couch, stained white couch now, but when I come out of my room, she quickly changes her screen from facebook to outlook.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I was an auditor, when your bosses don't give you work to charge hours, this typically meant that you were getting laid off. She did mention that the contract that her team was on was up for re-bid so I guess she could be laid off?

I think after this I'm not getting a roommate again. Not worth it unless its my significant other.....
Why does any of this matter? Why do you care about her working situation?

Is there a cultural difference here? Is she from a culture where she was never expected to pick up after herself? A culture where people do not admit mistakes even when everyone knows who did what? In some cultures, saving face is VERY important. She seems somewhat secretive and that may be her culture or just the way that she is. Why would you want to know her personal information anyway? Why do you care what she's doing at work, or not doing? It's not really any of your business. Nor is it any of your business who she entertains, whether you are home or not.

I'm guessing that she wants out of your place as much as you want her out.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Does anybody know a three letter defense contractor headquartered in reston? Its on tip of my tongue....
Why? Surely you are not going to call her office, are you? If she's been laid off, does that change anything? If she just got a big raise, would that change anything? Either way, it's none of your business and shouldn't be of any concern because it has nothing to do with your situation. She could have 10 million in the bank, for all you know. It's not relevant. Is it?

SRA is all around the area. I think their headquarters is Fairfax but they offices in Reston too.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:52 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
LOL, considering how acronym crazy the defense industry is, that could be a dozen different companies.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:59 AM

60 posts, read 79,823 times
Real simple.Take her out on the town get her drunk and slip some contraband in her pocket and when nobody is looking break a beer bottle over your own head and start screaming "help! get her off of me" and wrestle her to the floor.The criminal justice system should take care of the rest.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:59 AM

I'm not going to contact her work, I'm going to give that information to the sheriff department if it ever comes down to that. We had couple of more texts go back and forth and she agreed to come back by Sunday to sign the notice. (only after I mentioned I'll be going to the sheriff dept if she doesn't sign soon)

This has gotten so personal to me because I let her use anything that was in my house and have so much freedom. I wouldn't even care if she brought guests in the house but in return, all I got is her inconsideration for my stuff and lie to me about it when I confronted her. I learned a lot about her personality just by the way she reacted when what she did came to light. How can somebody in the right mind do this?

I gave her the benefit of the doubt for not doing the dishes, leaving the kitchen a mess, leaving sticky stuff on my desk, incorrectly turning off my computer, not helping with any of the chores including vacuuming or wiping, half way taking out the trash but ended up leaving a sticky stain in the foyer because of the leak from the trash bag, doing her 10 loads of laundry a week at midnight, coughing on my blanket and taking it to her room, leaving my tv on, leaving her lights on everywhere when she leaves the house (i pay for all utilities), finishing my ranch dressing when she didn't ask, using my printer and leaving it on, using my hangers in the hallway closet, forgetting to lock or close the door all the way so the door is half way open when I come home....more and more.

Simply put, I'm never getting a roommate.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
Why? Surely you are not going to call her office, are you? If she's been laid off, does that change anything? If she just got a big raise, would that change anything? Either way, it's none of your business and shouldn't be of any concern because it has nothing to do with your situation. She could have 10 million in the bank, for all you know. It's not relevant. Is it?

SRA is all around the area. I think their headquarters is Fairfax but they offices in Reston too.

SRA...bingo!

Old 11-26-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tad73 View Post
Real simple.Take her out on the town get her drunk and slip some contraband in her pocket and when nobody is looking break a beer bottle over your own head and start screaming "help! get her off of me" and wrestle her to the floor.The criminal justice system should take care of the rest.
Bingo!

Old 11-27-2009, 12:29 AM

fgmMy son reminded me of another contractor that is headquartered in Reston, FGM. It's not as big as SRA, only has a few hundred people.

Good luck on ditching the roommate. You REALLY need to get rid of her, she sounds horrible.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:52 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,087,071 times
Default huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
Is there a cultural difference here? Is she from a culture where she was never expected to pick up after herself? A culture where people do not admit mistakes even when everyone knows who did what? In some cultures, saving face is VERY important. She seems somewhat secretive and that may be her culture or just the way that she is.
I have close friends and have worked with people from all over the world/of different cultures and I cannot name a single cultural group who finds it acceptable to live in disgusting, filthy, unsanitary conditions as mentioned, and moreso, within someone else's home!

I don't think it's cultural; she's just a dirty slob and she's immature and inconsiderate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia