U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-14-2009, 08:48 PM

103 posts, read 146,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
I am not sure how to answer the payment question.

There are a lot of commercial centers around there. What type of work experience do you have? From your original post, I am guessing you are recently out of high school or soon to be leaving hs? I don't know if you would be able to afford an apartment on your own.
I've graduated form high school back in 2008. An I'm still planing on going into college, but in what I do not know yet. But in Michigan after college I can afford one bedroom apartment for $559.00, well of course have to get a job after college an all that stuff be for I can pay rent, also re-locating. Last two question: Is it called DMV in Northern Virgina? (Include what I need to know like is their a car inspection, what is the fee of getting the two license plats ect) What banking place do you have down in Northern Virginia? (Here in Michigan I go to Community Choice Credit Union)
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 09:06 PM

5,317 posts, read 6,875,822 times
Yes, it is the DMV. There is a safety inspection and emissions inspection. I don't know the fee, but you should be able to find out how much plates cost on the VA DMV website. There are a number of banks and credit unions, I wouldn't know where to start there.

Are you planning on living with your relatives for a while? Do you have no job prospects in Michigan?

Old 12-14-2009, 09:10 PM

5,317 posts, read 6,875,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman120 View Post
An I'm still planing on going into college, but in what I do not know yet. But in Michigan after college I can afford one bedroom apartment for $559.00, well of course have to get a job after college an all that stuff be for I can pay rent, also re-locating.
Not everyone is cut out for college. Maybe some type of trade apprenticeship?

Old 12-14-2009, 09:20 PM

4,067 posts, read 3,282,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Guys, this is city-data not spelling 101.
True enough, but someone who deliberately continues to misspell the same word in subsequent posts after that mistake is pointed out perhaps has bigger problems than spelling ... or possibly he's a troll.

Quote:
Quite honestly, if you don't plan on going to college I would stay away from Northern VA. It is disheartenly expensive and the non-college jobs dont pay enough to live here. People here will also look down their nose at you if you dont have a college degree.

You sound pretty young. I would honestly not recommend this area for people under 22. Way too family-oriented.
I agree. It is a very expensive area, and the job market for decent-paying jobs is competitive.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
True enough, but someone who deliberately continues to misspell the same word in subsequent posts after that mistake is pointed out perhaps has bigger problems than spelling ... or possibly he's a troll.

I agree. It is a very expensive area, and the job market for decent-paying jobs is competitive.
I'm not a troll at all. I do have bad spelling, people have bad spelling. Sadly people want to be rude as hell to the people who have bad spelling.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis16 View Post
Dis dam be ay joke? u tossin me salad?
It is no joke. After you done the first post for the thread when you loge out it wont let you edit it out no more, one other website is goarmy.com for their thread post, same as here.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:52 PM

413 posts, read 734,249 times
Quote:
It is no joke. After you done the first post for the thread when you loge out it wont let you edit it out no more, one other website is goarmy.com for their thread post, same as here.
What are you typing with, a blackberry? Your writing skills are on par with a middle-school student. Take the time to read over your sentences and then hit the "submit reply" button. It's going to be hard to find a job in this area with weak writing skills.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:23 AM

4,067 posts, read 3,282,707 times
Quote:
I do have bad spelling, people have bad spelling. Sadly people want to be rude as hell to the people who have bad spelling.
I understand that people have bad spelling - I'm one of them. But when several people take the time to point out a mistake, and in a subsequent post you continue to misspell the same word, that's more than just a problem with spelling/keying/editing.

Quote:
It's going to be hard to find a job in this area with weak writing skills.
Exactly. In just this short thread, I don't see any effort to correct a simple spelling mistake. Either the person doesn't care (and that's not a good attitude to have when looking for a job) or the person willfully and knowingly continues to use the wrong word (and that's a much bigger problem).

I really, really think you would have a very difficult time finding a job here that would pay you enough money to afford the cost of living here.

I also really, really think that you're not serious - that you're just here to troll. And I won't feed you anymore.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:16 AM

4,223 posts, read 5,290,667 times
Quote:
Guys, this is city-data not spelling 101.

Quite honestly, if you don't plan on going to college I would stay away from Northern VA. It is disheartenly expensive and the non-college jobs dont pay enough to live here. People here will also look down their nose at you if you dont have a college degree.

You sound pretty young. I would honestly not recommend this area for people under 22. Way too family-oriented.
You're right but he continues to use wood instead of would. Many spelling errors in all his postings. If these are not pointed out then he will continue to make the same mistakes. Hopefully the criticisms will open the OP's eyes and he'll take come classes to make some improvements. Like it or not we are judged on how well we write. Iff eye starte riting pourly then eny prospektive employer will onle laff at meye aplikation. it's a fact of life and the OP needs to know this.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:19 AM

4,223 posts, read 5,290,667 times
Quote:
What are you typing with, a blackberry? Your writing skills are on par with a middle-school student. Take the time to read over your sentences and then hit the "submit reply" button. It's going to be hard to find a job in this area with weak writing skills.

OP---If you're serious and not a troll you may want to consider a different tactic. Open a MS Word document and write your post there. Allow MS to fix some of your spelling mistakes then cut and paste to here. It won't be perfect as wood and would are valid words but it's a start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia