U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 11:46 AM

Location: Headed to the Shangri-La; The Orange County(Huntington Beach or Mission Viejo) this August!
78 posts, read 430,957 times

Advertisements

I am desperate to find the name of this mall that I visited four years ago in/around Alexandria. But God help me, I can't find or remember the name..

I don't believe it was the Landmark Mall. And it wasn't the mall by the Pentagon. It definitly wasn't Potomac Mills.

-It was enclosed.
-It was in a dense area. (which had alot of brick-I believed it was Old Town Alexandria)
-The mall was quiet when I visited, not sure if it's like that usually or not..
-It was multi-story with over 100 shops. And I believe there was a stage set up near the food court(not sure if it was temporary)

I really liked the interior design of the food court (green and beautiful) and am trying to find the name of the mall to get pictures. Thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 11:57 AM

23,585 posts, read 33,324,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionablecowboy View Post
I am desperate to find the name of this mall that I visited four years ago in/around Alexandria. But God help me, I can't find or remember the name..

I don't believe it was the Landmark Mall. And it wasn't the mall by the Pentagon. It definitly wasn't Potomac Mills.

-It was enclosed.
-It was in a dense area. (which had alot of brick-I believed it was Old Town Alexandria)
-It was multi-story with over 100 shops. And I believe there was a stage set up near the food court(not sure if it was temporary)

I really liked the interior design of the food court (green and beautiful) and am trying to find the name of the mall to get pictures. Thanks..
Sure it wasn't springfield mall? Not too far from Alexandria city line.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:17 PM

19,183 posts, read 28,343,172 times
Could also have been the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City...

On edit: ...or maybe that's the one one next to the Pentagon that it isn't. Other guesses...Shirlington, Bailey's Crossroads, Ballston Common...any of those ring a bell?

Last edited by saganista; 05-20-2007 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: Misread

Old 05-20-2007, 12:32 PM

268 posts, read 1,553,787 times
No mall in Old Town itself. What about Ballston Common Mall in Arlington? It's 4 story.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:57 PM

Location: Headed to the Shangri-La; The Orange County(Huntington Beach or Mission Viejo) this August!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
. Other guesses...Shirlington, Bailey's Crossroads, Ballston Common...any of those ring a bell?
Those sound famaliar. Not sure which. I've been researching them so much now that I'm confused..

Which mall down there isnt surrounded by massive parking lots? I think that will help .

Old 05-20-2007, 02:17 PM

2,688 posts, read 5,953,655 times
Sounds like it could have been Ballston Commons in Arlington, as that's the only one I can think of that doesn't have large parking lots. Do you remember some of the major shops that were in it?

Old 05-20-2007, 06:11 PM

260 posts, read 1,545,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionablecowboy View Post

-It was enclosed.

It sorta sounds like Ballston, it has four floors (including food court) and is in a dense area with lots of concrete and brick outside. But it doesn't have much in the way of greenery in the food court and I'm not sure they have over 100 stores. They do often have a stage set up in the food court too.

To me it sounds like the one in Friendship Heights. That has a very nice interior and is in an urban area. It's in Maryland though. Either that or Pentagon City, it has a nice food court.

Springfield only has two floors if I'm not mistaken (it did when I lived near there anyway).

Old 05-21-2007, 06:00 AM

After researching, I'm 70% sure it was Ballston Common Mall. From what I'm seeing on Google it may be it. I remember that much of the mall was nothing special, but I liked some of the "green styling" and I believe the food court had a nice character. Not exactely, green-as in plants, but in paint and character.

..I hope Ballston is it. The photo search begins! I want to copy that when I remodel my kitchen!

Old 05-21-2007, 08:36 AM

260 posts, read 1,545,213 times
If you like I can take some pictures of Ballston Mall and email them to you. I walk over there a couple of times a week so it wouldn't be a problem. PM me with your email address if interested.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:15 AM

407 posts, read 2,086,551 times
It was most likely the Mall in Ballston...good news in Landmark Mall is going to be torn down, and rebuilt into an upscale outdoor mall, with a hotel, and more...This should be very interesting....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or