Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2009, 10:23 AM

3 posts, read 3,330 times

Advertisements

I am fairly new to the area, I live in Arlington and I'm looking for a church in or around Arlington. I did attend a UNITY church in Florida and liked the services there alot, as is was more spiritual than bible based. Alot of meditation and things along those lines.

I know there are quite a few Unity churches in the area but am also opened to other suggestions. Looking for diversity, my children are biracial and although church is supposed to be accepting of all I find some people just aren't used to it.

Thanks for any feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 07:22 PM

239 posts, read 711,115 times
I went to a Unitarian Universalist church in Costa Mesa, CA and looked into one here; I have not yet gone because I work most Sundays, but here is the link What is Unitarian Universalism? What do UU's Believe? - Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington, VA (http://uucava.ning.com/page/what-is-unitarian-universalism - broken link)
It is in Arlington. The thing I appreciated about the one in CA is that they welcome Everyone. Not sure about the church here, but they did not really read from the bible to do any 'preaching' when I went. Meditated, thoughtful words, good music!

Old 12-20-2009, 12:15 AM

8 posts, read 21,072 times
shouldnt u be more focused on a church that is biblical based than spiritual... think about it!

Old 12-22-2009, 10:31 AM

Honestly I just don't trust anything that was written and re-written and translated, by man. Especially when they had their own agendas. Each person has their own beliefs, and religion has never been anything I discuss with anyone because everyone has their right to their individual opinion.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:32 AM

@treebw, I did see that church and looked into it. Might be worth checking out. Thanks!

Old 12-22-2009, 10:37 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,509,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GujuNilesh View Post
shouldnt u be more focused on a church that is biblical based than spiritual... think about it!
Shouldn't you be more focused on respecting the O.P.'s religious beliefs and not arrogantly injecting your own? Think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia