U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 02:23 AM

12 posts, read 44,447 times

Advertisements

Looking at the Drees Homes off Gum Springs Rd in the 20152 anyone with any info?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 02:16 PM

1,652 posts, read 3,401,645 times
There are some gorgeous homes east of Richmond Hwy/Rt 1, but the other side of the road is pretty much sketchville.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:10 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,623,712 times
I think the OP was referring to Gum Springs ROAD, which is west of Dulles Airport in the Chantilly area. I don't know the particular development area, but Drees has a good reputation in the Realtor community.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,011 times
Please stay away from Drees Homes. We were charged $5000.00 for lake front property, which was really a retention basin. They woodwork is pressed cardboard like material painted white. Very inferior workmanship. This is in Keehner Meadows West Chester Ohio. Now selling homes in neighborhood at fraction of the 405,000 we paid. We now must short sale due to bad loan being made that should have never happened. If you don't listen to me, have attorney look at all paperwork before signing anything please

Old 03-08-2010, 11:53 AM

9,738 posts, read 8,034,279 times
I live across the property line in South Riding. The houses look CHEAP and based on the cars of the people living there, they must be low cost.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:51 PM

45 posts, read 125,223 times
We used to live in Stone Ridge and looked at the Drees homes you are talking about. They are actually very nice. They built the same houses in Bristow/Gainesville called Glenkirk Estates. I would suggest visiting the Glenkirk community to talk to Brian. He is really great--unlike the sales lady we encountered when we checked out the model off Gum Springs. The houses are about $100k more off Gum Springs. There is no pool/clubhouse/etc and they charge a HOA fee of about $80/mo.
We didn't buy a Drees home only b/c the lots were too small and we did much better with NV Homes in Linton Crest (Bristow). I really liked the Newcastle model which is off Gum Springs. The houses are bigger than they appear on the outside.
Brian was willing to really work w/ us to get us into one of his homes and we sort of preferred the Drees home but needed a bigger yard. I can't actually speak to the quality of the homes, but as far as the new home search goes Drees was one of the better ones to deal with.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:21 PM

24 posts, read 70,900 times
We had heard that Drees Homes was awarded "Builder of the Year" by some trade magazine. So we dropped by the sales office for Dress homes in Gainesville, near Morris Farm. The pool house, right at the front entrance of the neighborhood, looked lovely.

Unfortunately after just one minute in the sales office, we left. For one thing, the homes were pricier than the ones nearby, built by Brookfield. But worse, the sales lady there was terrible! No personality, very flat affect, no people skills, no enthusiasm for her product. Our broker offered a business card, and the saleslady didn't seem to know what to do with it, or why it was being offered! I can't remember her name but she was an African-American lady, middle-aged, slightly heavy-set.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:48 PM

982 posts, read 3,099,325 times
It wasn't just that salesperson with that personality/attitude problem...I think it's a Drees insufficient training/desperate hire problem. I went there (Drees at Morris Farm) with clients who were ready to buy. As we were walking up the driveway, the sales lady LOCKS THE HOUSE and tells us she'll be back in half an hour, but we were welcome to wait outside until she returned??? It was February and freezing cold outside. I turned to my clients and told them we could go down the street to Brookfield and get waited on right away....which is exactly what we did. The houses are nice, but not nice enough to pay a ton of money AND be treated like second class citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubberMom View Post
We had heard that Drees Homes was awarded "Builder of the Year" by some trade magazine. So we dropped by the sales office for Dress homes in Gainesville, near Morris Farm. The pool house, right at the front entrance of the neighborhood, looked lovely.

Unfortunately after just one minute in the sales office, we left. For one thing, the homes were pricier than the ones nearby, built by Brookfield. But worse, the sales lady there was terrible! No personality, very flat affect, no people skills, no enthusiasm for her product. Our broker offered a business card, and the saleslady didn't seem to know what to do with it, or why it was being offered! I can't remember her name but she was an African-American lady, middle-aged, slightly heavy-set.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:22 AM

112 posts, read 769,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I live across the property line in South Riding. The houses look CHEAP and based on the cars of the people living there, they must be low cost.
I'm curious to know what cars you own after making such a blanketed statement? Not everyone can afford all the luxuries in life and live in a mac-mansion in a golf course community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia