U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 05:49 PM

79 posts, read 125,779 times

Advertisements

i had to take a picture of my phone for each of the pictures so there not so clear .
Attached Thumbnails
comunity project by aspire0085-dscn0674.jpg   comunity project by aspire0085-dscn0673.jpg   comunity project by aspire0085-dscn0672.jpg   comunity project by aspire0085-dscn0671.jpg   comunity project by aspire0085-dscn0670.jpg  

comunity project by aspire0085-dscn0669.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 05:53 PM

Default day 13 jan 23, 2010

today i passed out 4 bags , today i was in south east DC near the anacostia station , i had took a few pictures but than i was pulled over by a police officer and asked what i was doin , the officer made me erase my pictures , because of the building or place that was in the distance or something , but tomorrow is another day to grow and prosper and am goin to make up for lost time from today . sorry no pictures wish i did

Old 01-24-2010, 04:31 PM

Default day 14 jan 24 2010

today i passed out 9 bags 5 under the bridge where 66 and e st cross nw dc , then i passed out 3 in georgetown on mst nw , and 1 across from george washington hospital , today i got 7 pictures but cant figure out how to transfer them from my camera to my disc , will figure it out than post todays pictures when i can

Old 01-25-2010, 06:26 PM

Default day 15 jan 25

i know the last couple of days ive been alittle behind with my pictures i never really took pictures or used electronics like this before, this is all new to me . i am still working out ways to get around to the whole city and place my days here as eligible as i can ,i do have pictures from the last coulple of days and today that i need to find a way to post , my camera is dead and i cant find the plug to recharge it , tomorrow i will fix all these problems and be more prepared for my days ahead , by tom i will have the last 3 days wit my pictures i took cause the more i do this the more i realize how may homeless people we really have in the area alot are not even seen ,
today i passed out 4 bags , at the shopping center in rockville md , at hubbard dr, and rockville pike , the first bag i dropped the man told me he had like 5 friends behind a shopping center , so i drove back there and had to walk through a trail , and then i came up to a tent that had been there home , were each of them would go to corners around the area and collect what they could to make a shelter , i had only a couple bags not even enough on me this time for everyone , but they were so greatfull for what i could give thanking me over and over again , i believe it was the fact that i took my time to go so far out of my way to help , when i get my pictures back up you will see all of them standing with my bags infront of their tent in the woods

tomorrow is another day , and i will be more prepared
pictures of today and the last coulpe of days will be up tom

Old 01-27-2010, 07:19 PM

Default day16 jan 26

today i passed out or should i say yesterday i passed out 10 bags , 2 at 6th se dc and pennsylvania ave se dc, 2 at 12th st nw and kst nw dc , 1 passed out 15th st nw and kst nw dc , 1 at 13th st nw and kst nw dc , 2 at 14th st nw and kst dc , 1 on pensylvania ave nw dc , and 1 at democracy blvd and old georgetown rd bethesda md ,
i have 17 pictures that i am tryn to post but my computer wont let me post them they wont let me attatch them because the size is to big to fit into the attatachment , so till i can figure out this i cant post any pictures if u have any idea how i may change the size of my pictures that are already on my computer so that i may post all my pictures i would appreciate it thank you tomorrow is another day

Old 01-28-2010, 05:55 PM

Default day 17 jan 28 2010

today i passed out 10 bags 1 at mst nw and 25st nw dc , 1 at mst nw and 28th st nw dc , 1 at mst nw and 29th nw dc , 2 at mst nw and thomas jefferson st nw dc , 3 at wisconsin and mst nw dc , 1 at mst nw dc 33rd st nw dc , i got 7 pictures today i am still working on getting all my pics up i dont know what to do but am still keeping up with my service eachday well tomorrow is another day one day i will find out how to put all those pictures up once i figure it out

Old 01-29-2010, 09:46 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,817,519 times
Aspire, are you going to continue your deliveries in the snow?

Old 01-29-2010, 03:10 PM

Default day 18 jan 29 2010

today i didnt pass any homeless people i spent my routes today in warrenton virginia and the manassas area , and yes i am goin out tom and the next day i am actually goin to pass out some coats and sweatshirts , that i was given and were some old ones of my own , well tomorrow is another day

Old 01-30-2010, 07:01 PM

Default day 19 jan 30 2010

today i passed out 5 jackets and 1 sweatshirt , i also saw my first homeless shelter today that housed over 100 people there , i took pictures of the city to show the conditions of the homeless people that had to endure today , the pictures under the trees , under the snow were actuall people living under all that stuff to stay warm , everyone i gave a jacket to appreciated it very much , tomorrow im goin to pass out the rest of the jackets and the sweatshirts i have i am still tryn to figure out how to compress my pictures but am still takin them so when i figure it out you will see all the pictures ive been takin including the snowy day today , the days just go by so quick , but tom is another day

i forgot to put the streets i passed out im sorry , 1 at cst nw and 14th st nw dc , 1 at 7th st and c st south west dc , 1 at mst nw and 35th st nw dc , 1 at lee highway and nash st arlington va , and two under the bridge where 66, est and rock creek pkwy meet

Old 01-31-2010, 06:01 PM

Default day 20 jan 31 2010

today i passed out one sweat shirt at malcolmx rd sout east and 7th st south east near that homeless shelter , i got a picture but am still having trouble putting my pictures up, i now got over 30 pictures of the last week that i want to put up , i have learned alot about these homeless people in just these 20 days i have a few people that i have helped 0ut a few times , i know that all of them may not be homeless some are out there because they are addicts some are even out there just to make money cause they can make a days earning standing at busy intersections daily , but i am not here to judge so i am seeing the ones who really appreciate the help and are truly tryn to find a way to better themselves just cant , i know cause i am out here daily and can see them at the same corners and so on , i can see the ones who respect the people around that dont help out and help out and the ones that make rude comments jsut cause someone wont give them money or even harrass people as they walk by thinking that people owe it to them , but neways i know that with out seeing proof that some may think that it is not true or that i am making this up , and i apologize if this is how i am coming out to you but i got pictures of those who let me and i want to keep faith in those people that believe , because i will get these pictures up ,
i wanna let you know that just till about 5 days ago i didnt tell anyone what i was doin not even my family because i didnt want them to discourage me , and i still have not told anyone else like my friends and coworkers either ,i hope that they will find out from hearing about it through others cause its not about who is doin what , but why , and i want others to think about why , this is just a beginin piece to an even bigger picture that i am creating and those ideas , thoughts , imagination , aspirations , and beliefs will stay silent so that one day when others see what i am creating they can look back and see where it all began ,
i am bout to start reaching 0ut to those who have viewed my blog cause i got like 650 views so i know someone out there is seeing this to help me on a new project im about to start ,
it is called FALLEN , From..All..Lifes..Lessons..Endure..Now
im goin to need just a few ideas of questions , because we can not find the right answers to anything if we dont ask the right questions , and i do not have all the right questions , so i need help to find the right answers ill better explain this when i put it up and start it up till then
tomorrow is another day ,
those who have commented have encouraged me and inspired me to keep goin thank you it means more than i could say in words , because it is not easy to put my thoughts and ideas up and go up to these homeless people and offer a hand , especially asking to take a picture so that others that may not be able to see these things for themselves in real time can get an idea , thank you because i do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia