U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 06:02 PM

79 posts, read 125,794 times

Advertisements

today i passed out one sweat shirt at malcolmx rd sout east and 7th st south east near that homeless shelter , i got a picture but am still having trouble putting my pictures up, i now got over 30 pictures of the last week that i want to put up , i have learned alot about these homeless people in just these 20 days i have a few people that i have helped 0ut a few times , i know that all of them may not be homeless some are out there because they are addicts some are even out there just to make money cause they can make a days earning standing at busy intersections daily , but i am not here to judge so i am seeing the ones who really appreciate the help and are truly tryn to find a way to better themselves just cant , i know cause i am out here daily and can see them at the same corners and so on , i can see the ones who respect the people around that dont help out and help out and the ones that make rude comments jsut cause someone wont give them money or even harrass people as they walk by thinking that people owe it to them , but neways i know that with out seeing proof that some may think that it is not true or that i am making this up , and i apologize if this is how i am coming out to you but i got pictures of those who let me and i want to keep faith in those people that believe , because i will get these pictures up ,
i wanna let you know that just till about 5 days ago i didnt tell anyone what i was doin not even my family because i didnt want them to discourage me , and i still have not told anyone else like my friends and coworkers either ,i hope that they will find out from hearing about it through others cause its not about who is doin what , but why , and i want others to think about why , this is just a beginin piece to an even bigger picture that i am creating and those ideas , thoughts , imagination , aspirations , and beliefs will stay silent so that one day when others see what i am creating they can look back and see where it all began ,
i am bout to start reaching 0ut to those who have viewed my blog cause i got like 650 views so i know someone out there is seeing this to help me on a new project im about to start ,
it is called FALLEN , From..All..Lifes..Lessons..Endure..Now
im goin to need just a few ideas of questions , because we can not find the right answers to anything if we dont ask the right questions , and i do not have all the right questions , so i need help to find the right answers ill better explain this when i put it up and start it up till then
tomorrow is another day ,
those who have commented have encouraged me and inspired me to keep goin thank you it means more than i could say in words , because it is not easy to put my thoughts and ideas up and go up to these homeless people and offer a hand , especially asking to take a picture so that others that may not be able to see these things for themselves in real time can get an idea , thank you because i do check up on this for maybe an idea from someone time to time and to put my progress up so that others can see
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 08:44 PM

Default day 21 feb 1 2010

today i passed out 2 jackets , 2 at lee highway and key bridge arlington va , tomorrow is another day

Old 02-12-2010, 07:05 PM

Default day 22 feb 11

it has been a crazy 11 days from moving to a new place to all the snow we have had , i have been still out and about the cities 6 days aweek, i just started to see homeless people back on the street the last couple of days , and during the storm there were only the few out in the weather that had shelter under the bridges but they were still out there , i didnt pass out anythin i have been unprepared wit all that was goin on and most of my attention was spent on keeping an eye on the road , tomorow im goin to be prepared and continue what i have started , tomorrow is another day ,

Old 02-13-2010, 09:13 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,819,531 times
Wow, I'm impressed that you are still doing this, snow or no snow. Good for you!

Old 03-13-2010, 03:23 PM

Default day 23 , march 13 , 2010

I'm sorry for not fullfilling my project to the best of my abilitys . I have still been out here 6 days a week and have passed out waters and fruits here and there . And even buyin little grocieries for few when I could help , the truth is that this is harder than I thought it was goin to be and circumstances changin . Like financially , but lately I've been thinking of what more I could do to spread the concept or idea . I know there are about 50 pictures that I never got posted that I havnt forgotten about .
so I took all of my pictures and made thumbnails to form a collage and made a picture out of this collage that I am working on putting onto a shirt . I have bought 40 shirts so that I can pass out this to those on the streets so that I can spread my thoughts . In hopes to bring them right back to this very comunity service project and help me spread a concept .
I took my thumbnails and made them black and white and filled color in to form a picture of the world with the word aspire0085 over the world where the I is a drop of light falling into the world causing a ripple sayin at the bottom no matter how small a deed maybe there's no limit to what you can inspire in others . There's a little more detail but just to give you an idea on what I have been workin on so soon I will hit the streets with these but in the meant time I will start back up passin bags out by the end of this week and continur my project . Ijust because I havnt posted veanythin doesn't mean I have given up . The way the world is . I won't give up tryin to strive for positivity

Old 03-15-2010, 07:35 PM

Default day 24 march 15 2010

today I passed out a gift card for 5dollars for au bon pain , or something like that I don't know how to spell it , to a lady that was homeless sitting in the cold rain with all her possesions laid out . At gst nw dc and 13thst nw dc . I got a pic that I hope one day I'll be able to post. Tomorow is another day ,

Old 03-16-2010, 09:56 PM

Default day 25 march 16 2010

today I bought lunch for this man that was homeless sitting in front of george washington hospital in nw dc , he shared some of his story wit me and shared how his day goes by , he seemed happy just bein able to talk to someone ,tomorow is another day

Old 03-19-2010, 08:00 PM

Default day 26 march 19 2010

today i passed out 9 bags , i filled each bag with an apple , water, and a gronala bar , i passed out 5 and the intersection of lynn st and lee highway arlington va , i got 2 pic and one group pic, i passed out 1 on mst nw dc and 28th st nw dc , 1 at 29th st and mst nw dc , 1 at 30 thst and mst nw dc 1 pic , 1 at thomas jefferson st and mst nw dc 1 pic , ive been seeing alot of the same people over and over and now they greet me , im still having trouble putting up my pictures but i was able to scan all my pics frome earlier , no new ones are in this
there are over 80 thumbnail pics that are seperate good deeds , i made it into a colloage the first scan is the pictures all on one sheet , and the second is the collage , it may be hard to see through what i scanned,
it is a background of black and white and then color filled in to make the world and aspire, there are ripples of black and white through the world if u look close u can see it , i did it all to still perserve every picture were none of the pictures were intentionally cut short, it is not perfect but it is my first and i tried my best with what i had and thats what the concept of the shirt is , so i am planning on keepin it like this ,

if u see it or read this i wanna know what u think about the colloage should i improve it and make it perfect or let it go the way i made it. just like how "true beauty is not what u see , but what we can be "

here are alot of pictures i was never able to show u before but all together ,, i am still working on improving all , and i have 40 shirts that im bout to print this colloage on with a few added and a back to the shirt that i couldnt scan yet but , i plan on passing these shirts out soon , for the homeless , and to spread the concept with art and poetry , ive got so many ideas that i want to get out for the people that are in need , thats not just the homeless this is just were iam starting , like young single mothers , and adolescent teens that could use a little guidence , well that was just a little insight , all to give back" inspire one to inspire another "
tomorrow is another day
Attached Thumbnails
comunity project by aspire0085-img00222.jpg   comunity project by aspire0085-img00111.jpg  

Old 03-21-2010, 02:55 PM

Default day 27 march 21, 2010

today I passed out 1 bag in george town at wisconsin and mst nw dc , I filled the bag with water , gronala bar and fig newtons , this man was selling the paper , so I don't even know if he was really homeless I didn't ask but he accepted the bag , no pic , tomorow is another day

Old 03-22-2010, 01:49 PM

Default day28 march 22 ,2010

today i passed out 8 bags , with a water oarange gronala bar and fig newtons , i passed out 2 at lee highway andlynn st arlngton va got 2 pics, 1 at mst and thomas jefferson st nw dc 1 pic , 1 at washington circle across from george washington hospital 1 pic, 4 at hst and 18th st nw dc 2 pics, tomorrow is another day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia